blkf4u blkf4u 41-45, F 16 Answers Jun 7, 2010

I hope you've already made the distinction between Christianity and being religious-? The Bible promises us that, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." For me, it means doing my best to be Christ-like, believing God's Word and His promises, and having true inner peace from knowing the Trinity on a personal basis. People make it so difficult. They can't believe that believing with the innocence of a child is enough, so they make it complicated to satisfy their own insecurities about unconditional love. That's what Christianity is...unconditional love and faith. Knowing God does not give up on you. He's always there waiting for you to come back to Him, no expectations except to believe. It saddens me to read some of the answers. You're full of hate towards Christians, not Christ. Even Ghandi said, "I do not care much for Christians. I do however love those who are Christlike." No matter how bitter you are, Jesus has big shoulders. For those who damned this EP member for asking those who are Christians, well that's plain ignorance. How can you answer a question when you have never had the experience? That's like expecting a person with no legs to explain how wonderful it feels to run!

Best Answer

In theory it means something completely different than what Christians are known for

Best Answer

I think a christian is someone who has been born again and is trying to live by Jesus' example. <br />
By being born again I mean baptism by full immersion and recieved the Holy Spirit with proof of speaking in tongues.<br />
This is only my opinion.

Best Answer

Truly loving Jesus with all your heart......a lot of people just say they are Christians, but are really not....and then the world sees them as, "Selfish, hypocrytical and no one else's opinion matters." A lot of so-called Christians just go to church and don't really know Jesus. But real Christians are people who listen, care, and love people but most of all love Jesus. They're really nice people actually. I mean true Christians are. <br />
My definition of a real Christian would be somebody who follows Jesus and has confessed that He is God and is in love with Him. :) But I'm only 12 so I'm not that wise about stuff yet but I know this much.

Best Answer

Unfortunantly so many so called Christians are out there making a bad name for those who practice the true characteristic's that Christ taught through his walk with us however Christ mentions that saying "I never knew you" to them and I for one don't go to church because of the hypocricy yet I call myself a Christian , a far from a perfect one. I love JohnnyBeans answer and sad to hear so many turned off from Christianity, yet I understand.

Best Answer

by beliveing god is father son and the holy spirit

Best Answer

Following a really stupid book written by ignorant people thousands of years ago who didn't know any better.

Best Answer

Being a Christian used to mean following the words of Jesus. Now it's following blindly the words of a man who doesn't know any better than the rest of us. If you want to know what being a Christian means read the Bible. Read the words of Jesus Christ and decide for yourself what being a Christian means and don't let anyone, not even your preacher tell you otherwise. Christians, in my opinion, should always be helping others. Even if it costs them the shirt of of their backs. Helping others find Jesus is not being a Christian. They find Jesus through your kind actions, not by you announcing your faith and stating that they need it too.

Best Answer

It means you decide to belong to that group, it's not so much what you are as what you think you are.

Best Answer

Selfish, hypocrytical and no one else's opinion matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Trying in the face of adversary.

Best Answer
Best Answer

No matter how hard and distressing things become in our lives we know in our heart that Jehovah and Jesus is there for us.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+8%3A31-39&version=EXB

Best Answer