AloraPeace AloraPeace 13-15, F 23 Answers Dec 2, 2009

God was in Jesus, reconciling the world to Himself.

Best Answer

trying to lay low and stay out of the inevitable family fights

Best Answer

Family getting together, the pagan tree, gifts, memories of what it was like as a child and trying to recapture that excitement, sentimental movies to watch, my childhood where the house was filled with 2 Christians (my Mom and Grandfather), an atheist (myself even then), and lots of Jewish relatives of my Dad's who came just because they loved my Mom.

Best Answer

Life of Jesus

Best Answer

Just reminds me the solstice is coming and there will be longer days, other than that nothing.

Best Answer

other than the ovious people trying to get in my pockets

Best Answer

a time when you think more than just about yourself.

Best Answer

I know that the whole point is to celebrate the coming of Jesus and our salvation- but within today's society it truly just brings me pain, not hope. I used to have such joyful celebrations with my family- truly happy memories. But after the loss of my father, things are not happy so I just cannot find it inside myself to "celebrate".<br />
Therefore, every Christmas decoration, every holiday song, every wish of joy, it all JUST BRINGS ME PAIN. It has been 5 years. I just don't know how or when or if I will ever be able to change and survive this pain. This is the worst time of year to me. It is more painful than any other time of year because everyone tries to ellicit happiness from everyone else and doesn't accept if someone isn't on the same level of giddiness. I am happy that God sent Jesus to redeem us, and I know someday it will be all good and we can all experience eternal joy in Heaven, but right now on a daily basis it is so hard and painful......

Best Answer

The birth of Jesus. Doing as Jesus would have done by helping people who don't have the resources to help themselves. Working at a homeless shelter, donating food to people who have none, buying Toys for Tots or the Salvation Army. Having someone's pet spayed/neutered. Buying someone a cell phone and $50 worth of minutes. Taking a housebound person shopping, to the doctor, whatever. Bringing someone to the mental health center every day while their regular ride is on vacation. Most important of all, making these FREE gifts, and not wanting/expecting anything in return.

Best Answer

Waiting for the Winter solstice, like an hourglass that is going to be turned upside down again; during the dark days, human efforts the bring in light and warmth; family gatherings, excitement over exchanged presents, then the magic of bringing back those sentimental symbols, like amulets against bad luck.

Best Answer

Shopping. Black Friday...Getting up at 3am just so you get get up to 50% off all your holiday needs/wants. Picking out awesome and sometimes funny gifts for family and friends. Making sure when your kids open the gifts, that took you hours to wrap, yell out a YAYYYYY!!!! (or in some cases Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!) It's all about the gifts. I was going to go for something more sentimental but it all just boils down to shopping. YAY for me! <br />
"The Joy of Giving."

Best Answer

A great time to spend with family and friends and enjoy the spirit of Christmas (to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ), to watch the excitement of the kid's anticipation for Santa, giving and receiving presents, holiday feasts, bright lights and decoration.. Christmas is always the HAPPIEST time of year -- everyone is in such a good mood (mostly everyone -- the ones who wait until the last minute to buy gifts are usually broke and bitter, haha). I love Christmas... 23 days and counting : )

Best Answer

To be with my parents, go skiing, playing in the snow, skiing, help mum house cleaning, go skiing, catching up with extended families, go skiing LOL best time of the year.

Best Answer

It's the most wonderful time of the year....<br />
Like the song...

Best Answer

not much

Best Answer

End of the year, time to wrap up all final tax issues before the start of a new year.

Best Answer

more heartache... but an oppertunity to heal aswell.

Best Answer