To me it means you have to fight for freedom and don't expect it to come to ya.

Best Answer

Well I always understood the cost of freedom in terms of how you explained it, in the traditional sense. Now "freedom" is just used as some jingoist platitude to encourage, defend, and promote our foreign interventionism.

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer

It's what the drill sergeant said to the black slave to fight in the civil war, "Freedom isn't free, Ni###r, Now go kill!"

Best Answer

It means I'm watching Team America: World Police

Best Answer

When you were little the governement was doing all the bad things it does now and then some. The US has overthrown democracies and installed military dictatorships, supported genocide, assasinated democratically elected leaders all in the fight against communism. In fact it's estimated that the US killed more people stopping the spread of communism than Stalin did.<br />
So nothing has actually changed.

Best Answer

When I was little the US was fighting the Germans and the Japanese, just for clarification there, So what would you have had them do? when faced with Russian and Chinese expansionism? A long retreat, turn Europe over to the soviet empire? Do the same in Asia? where do YOU draw a line in the sand?

Best Answer

Waged economic warfare and collapsed their economies.

Best Answer

From the sixties to the collapse of Russia, whenever Russia fell behind militarily or was threatened with economic collapse, America provided technology, credit, and wheat. The only way Russia was able to expand was with our help. So where was the threat?

Best Answer

Exactly my point. America practically financed the war effort against itself in the same way it gives money for oil which funds terrorism.

Best Answer

Freedom and liberty only comes to those that are strong enough to defend it, If you aren't willing to defend and enforce the constitution, If you aren't strong enough to support your self and your family and you depend on a government handout you aren't free, your a slave to the state.

Best Answer

Freedom, its a term used loosely yet its a term with such conditions, constraints, and restrictions, applied freely, or as needed.

Best Answer

the last time we fought for our freedoms was WW2. korea and vietnam was the fear of the spread of communism. the first gulf war was to ensure the free flow of inexpensive oil. the second war with iraq was like viagra for george bush and **** cheneys wallet we lost 3000 people when the towers fell and 5000 fighting a 10 year war and we still havent accomplished a damn thin since WW2

Best Answer

Well, I have been told quite often that nothing in life is really free. Absolutely Nothing. No matter how it looks some where down the line, someone/something is paying the price.......

Best Answer

Love is free. If you have to pay for it or earn it, it's not love.

Best Answer

Well ok look at it this way......It may not cost u in terms of money but it will "cost" u in putting out your time, effort, dedication, attention etc.....So thats another way of looking at it.....The "cost" does not really end in you given money but in certain ways giving of yourself to others i.e. wen talking about love.....

Best Answer

The price of freedom is and always has been Blood , The blood of our soldiers that is .

Best Answer

i think it means like a lotta things these days........it's a privilege not a right

Best Answer