My 6 year old daughter asked me this question last night. I tried to think back to what it felt like. All I could think was, "sad." I didn't want to answer her that way, so I left the question unanswered. How should I have answered her?
accomplice accomplice 41-45, M 7 Answers Nov 10, 2012 in Youth

It's just like being a girl without the multiple *******, cute clothes, permission to feel any emotion other than anger, and the permanent get out of jail free card. Oh, and you have to pay for all the dates.

Best Answer

wow ! I couldn't have said that any better

Best Answer

All true, but I can't really give that explanation to a six-year-old.

Best Answer

Tell her it's just like being a girl but without all the fun parts.

Best Answer

being a guy is really great, there are many choices of women, and it is easier in terms of doing "business" in the bathroom (you know what i meant). but sometimes men like us have more burdens to face than women. probably keeping up our jobs as men, maintaining our salaries.

Best Answer

Not all of us have "many choices of women" -- but I agree with you that time in the bathroom is much easier, or at least quicker!

Best Answer

BTW, My fiance disagrees with the time-in-the-bathroom being quicker for men. She says that only applies when you're standing.

Best Answer

Hopeful

Best Answer

Wasn't it Nietzsche who said that hope and patience are the torment of man?

Best Answer

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs man's torments. ~Friedrich Nietzsche, Human, All Too Human, 1878

Best Answer

The miserable have no other medicine
But only hope.
~William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Best Answer

Take hope from the heart of man and you make him a beast of prey. ~Ouida

Best Answer

He that lives upon hope will die fasting. ~Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack

Best Answer

Hope is patience with the lamp lit. ~Tertullian

Best Answer

When you say a situation or a person is hopeless, you're slamming the door in the face of God. ~Charles L. Allen

Best Answer

I see you are aware of the pitfalls of hope.
What, then, to make of your statement that being a boy feels hopeful?

Best Answer

Hopeful for acceptance.......... hopeful that you are not chosen last for a team........... hopeful that that particular girl might notice you.................. and other such things However the reasoning behind my answer was to give you a better way of describing how it feels to be a boy other than to say "sad"................. hopeful sounds more positive

Best Answer

Well said, thank you.

Best Answer

Thank you for your most important question....... though I think sometimes I was a bit over protected and thus found great disappointment in realizing just how crass and cruel the world could be.......... I don't think age 6 is the time to begin that learning process........
You sound like a truly caring parent....... or else you would not be seeking a better answer............. I admire that in one who's responsibility is the shaping of a young life.

Best Answer

spoil her with toys and candy and make her your "princess" and she will forget about it pretty soon

Best Answer

Oh, but I do spoil her!
She has already forgotten that she asked, but I think it was a good and reasonable question -- showing her curiosity about the world and about how other people may experience it differently.

Best Answer

what the hell, im confused too :( btw your daughter should be at EP really !!!!!

Best Answer

With all these perv's on here? Really?

Best Answer

:

Best Answer