This is something that's never happened to me and I'm curious to know what it's like?
sunsetblvd sunsetblvd 18-21, M 13 Answers Aug 5, 2009

Like candy coated razor blades.

Best Answer

Feels great no more snoring or sore throats..

Best Answer

Well if I was to ask my 16 year old right now she would say it hurts like hell but that is because she just had hers out 3 days ago..I try to get her to eat popsicle's or jello but she starts crying and says it hurts to much..She can handle water and juice alittle at a time but anything bigger then that hurts..Anyone have any ideas on something else I could give her that she might be able to handle? She says now she wishes she would never of had them out but I think in the long run she will be happy not to have so many sore throats and infections..

Best Answer

Inever got ice-cream to eat - I was told to eat toast to prevent infection. Ugh. It was quite difficult eating after the op but as people have mentioned - no more sore throats since...!

Best Answer

I had mine removed when I was 40. It hurt like hell afterwards and felt like someone had shoved a broken bottle down my throat. Eating or drinking anything acidic, like apples, orange juice, wine is a real killer. It was fine after a month, though and woth it as I never had tonsilitis again.

Best Answer

Feels like nothing because you are anesthetized at the time. Afterward, it's like a fairly bad sore throat...but you can take Tylenol/Panadol/Acetaminophen to reduce the pain...plus you get to eat ice cream and justify it as being for "medicinal purposes"...and be telling the TRUTH! How could that ever be a bad thing??? LOL<br />
Re: The "no more snoring" comment...that's not true. Mine are removed and I snore a lot.

Best Answer

you are under anesthesia while your tonsils are removed, so it feels like nothing. hehe

Best Answer

Euphoric

Best Answer

Like a really bad sore throat. That's why you get all the icecream you can eat...It feels soooo good!

Best Answer

Sore lots of ice cream will help.

Best Answer