finerside finerside 46-50, F 17 Answers Jun 14, 2009

Being a strong woman, to me, means being independent and self sufficient. Sometimes we can be so driven to do it all ourselves that people -- not just men -- wonder why we need anyone else in our lives at all. I don't think strong women intimidate, I think strong women are too proud to admit we need help when we do.

Best Answer

"strong" women.. only intimidate controlling men. If a woman is strong, she'll live the way she wants, and not let any bloke tell her differently.

Best Answer

IT MEANS BEING INDEPENDANT. AND THIS ONLY INTIMIDATES MEN BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHEN YOUR STRONG YOU CANT BE BULLIED OR BE CONTROLLED BY THEM. IF A MAN CANT APPRICIATE YOU FOR BEING STRONG, THEN LET HIM KNOW ITS TIME TO GO. IN THIS DAY AND AGE THERES NO TIME FOR THIS CHILDISH CRAP

Best Answer

Sometimes this is just an insecure "boy" of a man that doesn't have a clue that's complaining. That case, it's obvious what the problem is. Grow up boy, not everyone exists to serve your ego, etc. <br />
But sometimes this problem shows up when men meet a certain type of woman. She's high powered, capable, intriguing and busy. You know the type. But what i think is misunderstood is, it's not that we're intimidated by all of that, but that we're thrown off by someone who has a hard shell. Some of the women who are called "strong" are actually very closed off towards strangers and especially men. <br />
Men get used to women being some of the more emotionally open people they know, and when they run into a women who's got a hard shell around her except to her closest friends, they have no idea what's going on or how to treat her. It throws them off. <br />
Also, because it makes it very hard to get to know her, they often complain, not because she is "strong" or because she's so capable of accomplishing things. But because she is inaccessible to other people, and hasn't learned to balance her sense of independence, with her interactions with other people and it leaves people feeling left out in the cold.

Best Answer

To be a strong woman means to have your own mind. To not let anyone dominate you or make you do what they want. To be strong is to take control of your own destiny and say to hell with everyone who disagrees...Men (and alot of women!) are very intimidated by "strong" people because they're not used to somene who says, OK enough whining. Lets get er done! They're used to constant "We can't do this..We can't do that"...Of course they can't because they already believe they cant. Then when we get what we want out of life, they scratch their heads and wonder why they couldn't do the same thing....

Best Answer

A strong woman is someone who can look after not only themselves but their familys. Some men are intimidated by women who care take care of themselves and don't NEED a man. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Best Answer

We're not intimidated by strong, we're intimidated by crazy.. Just be a little laid back and it'll be okay..

Best Answer

A strong woman is viewed as independent, self-sufficient, able, capable, etc. I've found in my experience, men intimidated by "strong" women are generally insecure. A strong woman doesn't 'need' a man in her life. Many men are cued into that 'need' factor. A strong woman has a man in her life because she ' wants' him there. Being wanted and not just needed is far more important.

Best Answer

A strong woman is independant and self-sufficient and is NOT intimidating; she is definitely the best type of partner.

Best Answer

For me a strong woman is the one who can speak her mind and stand up for herself also confident. In most cases maybe some men intimidated by this kind of behaviour but some men loves it coz they know she can look after herself. That is my opinion. :)

Best Answer

If you find a man intimidated by a strong woman, don't waste any more of your time.<br />
They are out there and they are mostly that way because they are immature, self-centered or even a little misogynistic. None of those things are worth the time of any woman, regardless of whether she considers herself "strong" or not.<br />
Some men (and women!!) think that a man is more independent, should have the outside interests and friends and life and that women should conform/change around that. I actually had a female coworker tell me that "feminism was stupid" because if she didn't change herself completely for every man she was with she wouldn't have learned how to swing dance. I can't begin to tell you how hard my eyes rolled.<br />
A man or women who is mature, reflected and respectful will want a PARTNER and not a stereotype and those are the types of people we ALL need to be spending our time with!

Best Answer

To be a strong woman means to be tough on the outside and soft on the inside. <br />
It intimidates men because they like to be the ones that are strong and dont like anyone else that way

Best Answer