I am talking to sort of seeing a guy who yesterday told me in July he got dumped and he is mourning the relationship. He said he is going through a period of letting go so that he can move on. He told me he is very attracted to me. He told me he does not want me to be the rebound girl because that wouldn't end well because he cares about me. What does that mean? Do i have no chance with him? I'm confused For the comments about him using me for a piece of azz you are incorrect. We have kissed once. That's it. So he isn't using me for sex not at all
a21tomlmq1 a21tomlmq1 31-35 13 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Romance & True Love

Boy a lot of you people actually bought that line? It means he's not interested in dating you and doesn't want to hurt your feelings

Best Answer

He doesn't want you to be the stepping stone to another relationship, because he likes you that much. After some time has gone by and he's possibly seen a few other girls, he can come back to you. There's this "reset" time a person goes through during a break up and they tend to glom onto someone they don't stick with. They need to find themselves again, before getting into something serious.

Best Answer

i've said that and meant it. if you hook up with someone new while you still have feelings for the last one, it can mess things up.

Best Answer

He's not ready for a relationship. But you<br />
two are free to continue sleeping together.<br />
A rebound girl is usually the first new piece<br />
of azz after a breakup or divorce.<br />
Life is short... Keep it moving.

Best Answer

It means that he doesn't want to rush into a relationship with you because he doesn't want to end up hurting you.

Best Answer

Either he is trying to let you down gently<br />
or<br />
he is very in tune with his own emotions and realizes that he might wreck the long-term potential with you if he starts up with you before he is healed from his last relationship.<br />
I think you have no chance with him right now in either case. Tell him you understand and back away for a while. Contact him in a few months, and if option B was the true one then maybe he will be ready. Meanwhile keep your eyes open for someone that is available to you because life is too short to waste it pining for someone you may never have.

Best Answer

His standards are not working right now. They are broken. He does not want to fall in love only to find out he made a big mistake.

Best Answer

It means that he still isn't "over" his last relationship. He is saying that he is still hurting from that and he isn't wanting to get serious with anyone right now. He still has painful feelings, and getting into a relationship might be because he is feeling lonely and wanting to be comforted. That's the "rebound" bit....many people get out of relationships and fall into new ones, just because they are suffering withdrawals and don't want to be alone. <br />
if he likes you, then you can stay in touch. But I think he's warning you that his heart isn't ready to commit again until he gets his emotions straight. You want him to love you for you...not because he is missing someone else or just feeling lonely. <br />
Take it slooooooooow.

Best Answer

It means very clearly that he wants you for sex ("he is very attracted to me") but is not interested in you as a girlfriend on an emotional level. He knows he would just be using you and he doesn't want to do that. So please, do not pursue this guy or you WILL get hurt.

Best Answer

Take away his bungie cords.

Best Answer