dreadlockie dreadlockie 18-21 17 Answers May 18, 2009

Depends on what he's been reading lately.. A long time ago a writer by the name of Napoleon Hill wrote a book called 'Think and grow rich'. In it he suggested that if you're trying to control someone to do something for you, keep saying their name, over and over to break barriers, since the one thing your mind will always let in is your name (unless you're like me who really, really hates that name) Hill stated that with those barriers down that much, the other messages with his name that you WANT the other person to keep in the mind, do.

Is that true or not? Frankly, don't know, and I don't think anyone else does too, but the practice is still done by a lot of people that believe it. (Someone told me that it's done in Sciencetology, but I don't know if that's true..)

Is he trying to control you? Maybe, or maybe he's in love with you and will try ANYTHING to get you to pay attention to him, or more. Watch out for the 'more"..

Some people have trouble telling the differance between wanting love, and wanting control..

Best Answer

I don't know but it's a total red flag when that happens to me. Creeps me out to no end -- I think it shows he's trying too hard, like a used car salesman.

Best Answer

It is absolutely a control and manipulation technique used by cretins who actually think that the technique works. I find it completely irritating and since I deal with the general public I immediately have a red flag go up. You do NOT want to do business with anyone who uses this "technique", whether they are aware of it or not!

Best Answer

My ex always used my name excessively when arguing or being aggressive on text. It was a manipulation tactic - he is also a car salesman and I think they are taught to use people's names a lot as a sales technique.... It just annoyed me as it was so excessive like OCD

Best Answer

Hes been in front of the mirror rehearsing talking to you and saying your name. If I were you I would do the same see if he notices you saying his name more than required. It would be a fun experiment.

Best Answer

It can't be good if it freaks you out! Trust your gut!

Best Answer

It depends on the situation. I personally HATE it when people use my name at all much less frequently. Often times I have found, especially in business relationships, that people who use my name a lot are either patronizing me and being condescending or trying to manipulate but often both.

I come from a culture (American Indian specific) where it is considered very rude to say someones name but since I work and live in the "real world" I have learned to live with it.

If the person talking to you is a stranger or hitting on you it might be something else entirely but it still feels like manipulation from my perspective.

Best Answer

You might be showing signs you are bored with the conversation, so he's trying to pull you back in it....

Or, he is trying to keep all the girls' names straight...

He nervous talking to you...or he's OCD.

Best Answer

women like to hear thier own name....he knows this... but he's overdoing it!

Best Answer

he's trying to keep you interested in the conversation, and to let you know your important.

Best Answer

Maybe he likes your name

either memorizing it as well as says miaa

or maybe he is mad at you

Best Answer

I have a professor that does that. My name is every third word out of his mouth when he's talking to me. Its like they are reminding themselves who they are talking to.

Best Answer

most likely he is nervous. or wants to get away

Best Answer