MaxPlaysSax MaxPlaysSax 36-40, M 11 Answers Oct 20, 2009

its called sleep apnea, should probably talk to a doctor thats not a good thing!

Best Answer

It's sleep apnea. People typically have a sleep study done, where you go and spend the night at a facility. They will put some things on your scalp, legs, and chest. These will lead to a machine that will monitor your sleep, and will be able to tell how many episodes you have.

Depending on this, they might perscrbe a c-pap machine. A c-pap machine is a machine that you will use while you sleep to make sure that you still get air when you have the episodes.

Sometimes, if a person is overweight, it can cause sleep apnea as well. I've known people who had sleep apnea that was pretty severe, but after a bit of weight loss, the sleep apnea totally went away.

Good luck. I hope that you will get things checked out.

Best Answer

You possibly have sleep apnea - contact your doctor immediately... this is a major health concern that is not widely known, and I know a lot of people with it as it has affected a lot of truck drivers. Please get it checked out, if you stop breathing long enough you will die.....

Best Answer

You have sleep apnea. I'm not heavy which is what people usually think but I broke my nose and when you sleep your air goes through your nose and down your throat. When I had my sleep study and got put on a CPAC my pulmonoligist said that I had 32 apneas per hour. He leaned over and said it's like someone sitting on the edge of your bed and every few minutes strangling you in your sleep and then letting go just before you die. As your body starts to strangle it ramps up out of REM sleep and forces you to breathe-- do that all night and you ain't getting much sleep. The machine simply pushes air at a high enough pressure to keep all the tubes open. Don't bother having surgery for snoring you'll still have apnea. A simple test is if you lay down in the day and fall asleep within five minutes. Or if you broke your nose or had nose surgery--or if you're more than twenty pounds overweight. You can't lose weight with apnea. You just keep gaining. And snoring isn't always apnea--snoring and then choking and then snoring is apnea--it is not rhythmic.

Best Answer

you have sleep apnea. My GF's mother has it... go do a sleep study. It's free.. and they give you some cool **** when you do them, so google where to take one... and do it . NOW

Best Answer

when my husband had by pas surgery the nurses rushed in thinking he was dying .he was sound asleep.they put in a pacemaker ,for his sleep apnea.much better now.go to the doctor!!!!!!

Best Answer

Yeah, when you stop breathing in your sleep that's not a good thing. I'd look into it ASAP.

Best Answer

My husband does that now and again.. freaks me out... im guessing he should do some sleep test...

Best Answer

i think it means you die... unless you start breating again... then it's not death.

Best Answer