I was sleeping then i heard someone yell my name & i woke up looking around but no one was present.......All i know was the voice was heard externally
XNGespenst XNGespenst 22-25, M 52 Answers Mar 14, 2011

I had the same experience. I know it was real. A deep but gentle voice whispered my name in my ear ever so softly. I could feel it on the left side of my face...kinda like someones breath but more like a precense. My name was whispered three times and the last time was like someone was speaking directly to me...right next to me. I jolted awake and turned my night lamp on. NOBODY WAS THERE! It happened a second time and it was sooo weird. My name was whispered once. Instead of jolting awake I woke up and kept my eyes closed. I could still feel someone there. So ran to the room light switch and turned it on. NOBODY WAS IN THE ROOM WITH ME...I would be scared if it happened again.

Best Answer

It is nothing paranormal it's actually a sign of a healthy brain. (But, It might be your mind replaying voices even ones you don't know or recognize, kinda like how when you have a dream and there are people you don't know in it but they are so detailed if you get what I mean.) That's all I really know. Sorry if I didn't help much...

Best Answer

yah it happen to me a lot but not when I'm asleep, Like when I was going to the bus to school I heard my name I check to see who it was but nobody was there.And like when I was at school everyone was going a test then I heard my name and look around to see but everyone was going a test both those times were different the first time was a (Man) and the second time was a (Woman) What I'm trying to say is thatmaybe it was in your dreams or a ghost,angel, or god like that movie percy jackson and the olympians: the Lighting Thief if you seen it remember the part when poseidon talk to percy in his mind.what if we are special or something?

Best Answer

It has been happening to me alot. Its always someones voice I reconize. I honestly think, its a warning dream, to be alert. My expirience has been I am having a regular dream and it almost feels like it gets interupted by a voice..

Best Answer

If you are sleeping, then it was a waken dream. Not paranormal. However, it is quite common to hear your name called in places with high paranormal activity. And it is absolutely nothing to be frighten of.

Best Answer

i heard like a loud scream like passing my son and i by like 5 am today and just gave us the chills and made up wide awake and my one year old stand up fast and cry? and im thinking if you hear your name there will be a death in the family or someone close too you is in trouble?

Best Answer

I heard my mom voice shouted my ears 5 am while sleeping. I got up and there was no one there. A few hours later my mom fell off a chair and hit her head. Two days later she passed away. So,yes it is the meaning of the person voice you heard is going to die.

Best Answer

I was at a friends house and we went to sleep, I heard my name being called out twice by a voice I had never heard, woke up twice and everyone was asleep and the house was totally silent. Finally went back to sleep and dreamt that a someone was crawling on me but he was almost like a firm gel that was starting to envelope me and woke up screaming to get off of me.

Best Answer

Now, to continue the message or post. I have had similar experiences in the past. It felt like when my dog would jump on the bed. Go in a few circles before laying down. I would look down at the end of my bed. I don't have a dog now. So, what's up with that?
Just last night, Tuesday May 7th. It felt like someone was trying to lay down beside me. No one was there. Its crazy but true. What is up with that?

Best Answer

The craziest thing has been happening...I've been sound asleep and awoken by someone saying mom softly in my ear (always at 4:15am). The first time I got up and checked on all 3 of my kids, they were sound asleep. The next 3 nights to follow the same exact thing. Finally I started praying to stop this and it did. Then 3 nights later I awoke to my hair being pulled, I yelled at my husband, he thought I was just dreaming. This just doesn't make any sense too me. I may have to have a priest bless my home. Help!!!

Best Answer

Someone please help me I wake to someone screamed my name then 3 night later same but my husbands it scares me so bad I'm under alot stress I'm not skitzofreania but is this what's going on am I having nervous break down alot stress in life dunno now I think I'm going crazy it scares me so bad I dunno if I'm going to have heartattack

Best Answer

I wad asleep in I hear my huspan call my name very clear like he always does , but this time I wouk up and he not there!!! What dies that mane pleas tell me....

Best Answer

What does it mean when someone calls out my boyfriends name in my dream and tells me get up and write him. ?

Best Answer

Last night I had a dream...I think. It sounded like a really angry man and he yelled violently my sons name, well part of my sons name, his name is Christian and I hear "Chris" Yelled really loud, I was shaking so bad that my bed was shaking. I few minutes later when I fell back to sleep I woke up choking.

Best Answer

My daughter just had the same experience, i am researching this. I also have a plethora of knowledge on hauntings all the different types of them and how they vary from one another, ill see how this goes and post my results.

Best Answer

Ive had it happened to me as a teenager and up until now and Im 26. Most of the time its a male voice I hear whispering my name when Im trying to go to sleep at night and this one time I was house sitting I heard a young womans voice call my name and she said my name so perfectly like she had very good english. I dont believe its death calling you, I dont think your dreaming because it doesnt always happen when your sleeping. I know that much!! It isnt threatening its just a bit startling, Ive had it happen a few times to me throughout the years and it turns out my Dad has the same things happen to him every now and then...

Best Answer

I had this dream last night that I`m standing on my balcony looking across a canal behind my house and into the woods across the canal and someone is calling me by my real name that I don`t usually go by. So that is in itself odd. I feel it`s someone that needs my help.

Best Answer

I cant figure it out its happened a few times. It doesnt bother me im just curious on what it means. Its only family members voices im hearing and they are calling out to me.

Best Answer

It's not a dream nor a mind game. I hear my son call me from time to time when I am asleep or awake and he is not dead. I'm not sure why this happens and I will continue to Google and research why this occurs. It's almost like premonitions in my personal case. If he does not call me within the time I hear him calling me he does in the same way within a matter of 48 hours. It's almost like I can hear him calling me before he actually calls me...no that's exactly what it is. I am hearing him call me before he calls me. I Googled why this occurrs and it brought me here among other sites.. Still no actual answers.

Best Answer

i've never had a dream like this before, 15 years ago my mum passed away i hardly ever dream about her at all so when ever i do it usually means something.in this dream she was calling out to dad and all these other spirits were calling out to him too.what do you think this means?

Best Answer

You are not dreaming, that happened to me as well my entire life...whenever someone i know dies they would come say good bye too me. Also when i was younger I was attacked by evil spirits to the point where they thought I was crazy and had to be taken to the hospital and put to sleep- yea they thought I was crazy until my doll got up and walked one night and my entire family witnessed this...lets just say that doll was thrown away and we moved from that place. Only problem is if ur the one being haunted they follow u...go to a priest and have him bless u and ur house because ur children can also get attacked as well and that's something u dont want. like my daughter had scratches and stuff all over her leg and we couldnt explain it at all..im really upset that they would attack her because she's just a baby but im older now and way more stronger so i will fight back and suggest that u do too. try going to church evil doesnt follow people who God protects. dont listen to any of these other people that say ur dreaming or death is calling u...if i was dreaming this is the LONGEST dream ive ever had and if it was death calling me...I should have died in that car accident five years ago. Also u are not alone...there are tons of ppl that go through this just pray about it and it will eventually go away and u can get ur life back. I wish u well and hope and pray that u can get through this because I understand that it isnt a joke nor is it fun. Good day. Angel

Best Answer

I am going to be honest with everyone. I have that problem where I will be in a deep sleep or sometimes not even asleep at all, and I hear something start out whispering my name and the longer I ignore it, the louder it gets. I don't believe that I or anyone is crazy or it means death because this has been happening to me and only me growing up. This has been happening to me for about 20 years now and I'm now 27. I have this picture on my wall in my room and no explanation how it got there, but it has gotten a whole lot worse. I can't even sleep in my bedroom because it's just in my room that it happens just like it was at my previous house. I have been sleeping on my couch with the TV on because I'm just too afraid otherwise. I know I'm not crazy or insane, because I have talked to people. A matter of fact it was proven that the previous house I lived in, which was the house I grew up in, was haunted. We called one Casper because we knew that one spirit was a little boy who also lived in the house but got sick and had passed away in the house, and we knew that we also had at least 3 evil spirits in the house. Casper would just play childish games like move your stuff around, open and shut doors, roll my dog's ball across the floor playing with them, mess with your laundry, just stuff kids would do. The evil spirits were just that, EVIL! I can't tell you how many times I would get up to get ready for school and when I would get in the shower, my back or where these would be at would burn and when I looked in the mirror, I would have these scratches on me. I moved in to live with my dad and it didn't stop there either. I don't know why, but they follow me EVERYWHERE I live.

Best Answer