Like i don't care about other people. I care about my family but I can't tell if its genuine I do shed tears at funerals but mainly i only care about myself
bubbacapers bubbacapers 26-30 10 Answers Aug 3, 2011

Please note that this is my OPINION and not a diagnosis. I work with so many people who make this statement. This is what I have found in most of my clients. If you don't care about people, this is a sign that you do not have respect or care for yourself. So your statement about only caring about yourself is probably not the case at all. You are punishing yourself and alienating yourself from people and their circumstances because you don't know how to help or relate to them. I am in serious doubt that you only care about yourself. It is natural to have compassion for others. I believe that if your family was in crisis, you would step up and help them the best way you know how. I don't believe that you are cold hearted or any of the medical terms that the others have used in their answers. If you start liking yourself, you will start liking others and caring about others. Take a look at yourself and evaluate what is missing in your life. Maybe going to funerals makes you so uncomfortable that the fear overpowers the sadness. Funerals are uncomfortable for so many people. The tears may not flow, but that doesn't mean that you don't care. Maybe you just don't know what to say to the family who lost the loved one. Fear takes over so many other emotions.

Best Answer

caring about people and animals has given huge meaning to my life so I'm sad for you..

Best Answer

it means you are a white man...lol just joking!!well if you don't care for pple,it means u are just an idiotic creature

Best Answer

If you are aware enough to wonder about it -- apparently you are -- then there is probably not a problem. You are lucky, but you still have a heart.

Best Answer

Your anti social?

Best Answer

Lack of empathy could mean anything from egocentrism or misanthropy to narcissism or psychopathy. If you cry at funerals you're probably not a socio/psychopath. Could also be schizoid or autism or a lot of things.

Best Answer

Isn't that a mental illness? Or is it a personality disorder? Anyway, there's a psychiatric term for it...sociopath.

If you care about your family, then maybe you just lack empathy. Be nice anyway. Its good for you.

Best Answer

When I say I do not care about people, I mean, I do not care about what they do in their private lives, their religious orientation, personal lifestyle choices.

I care about the well being of my friends and family but those are details that are of no importance to me.

And I appreciate the same in return.

Best Answer

I am real human being and I care.I'm not stupid and lost north-american money eater.

Best Answer