This usually happens at night when I'm about to sleep. I would be about half asleep and half awake then all of a sudden I hear someone say my name and I immediately wake up. I hear someone but not with my ears but like in my head. It don't doesn't sound like they are trying to hurt me but just trying to get my attention. Can someone tell me what this means?
ssvpro8 ssvpro8 18-21, M 6 Answers Oct 29, 2012 in Dreams

That **** drives me crazy glad I'm not the only one that hears my name whispered as I drift off asleep!<br />
Maybe its normal then kinda like the whole body jerk I do right before I'm all the way asleep, ugh hate that too.

Best Answer

TIME for the NUT HOUSE

Best Answer

Yep, normal.

Best Answer

Though they usually happen along with sleep paralysis, it is common for people to have hallucinations when they are on the verge of falling asleep or waking up. Look up "sleep paralysis hallucinations," and it will sound like what you're having minus the paralysis.

Best Answer

Perfectly normal.

Best Answer

That's funny ..lol

Best Answer

It first started with me after my mom passed...at 15...not much after while, though...I don't think it means anything at all....it happened again in 2005...'bout a year after my dad passed...but not since...prolly is normal, somehow...

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're doing well now.

Best Answer

thanks, I'm fine...those are just the only times I can recall hearing my name called as I was drifting off to sleep!....

Best Answer