I always thought or assumed that marriage was like the greatest symbol or act of love you can do with/for someone. However after talking to my sister about it once, who had been married a couple years, I am unsure how to look at it now. She said that being married is the same thing as living together with your significant other as boyfriend and girlfriend, only you have a piece of paper that says you are married. Now to keep this in perspective, my brother-in-law had somewhat recently cheated on her, and neither of us have ever been religious at any time in our lives. I don't know if she said this just because her husband committed adultery, or if she really means it, and I don't think I'll know for a while. I don't plan on getting married any time soon, but I was curious of what others have to say, because I'm not sure where I stand on the subject anymore. Sorry for the long description.
degamer degamer 26-30, M 27 Answers Aug 24, 2010

In a word - committment.

Best Answer

When the Wife and I first got together about 13 years ago I told her that I loved her. For me that was it. She said she loved me as well. Great!

Marriage isn't the same thing as living with your partner. Love, I mean real love has to be there. If it is there then yes, I consider it marriage. It's sacred.

Before man had marriage licenses, before man had paper even, there were people that loved one another that lived together. Their love for one another was just as sacred to them as the love that is shared between to legally married people now.

It's not God's law that states you have to get married in the way most people do now days. It's man's law and man's greed that states that.

If you love someone and they love you back that piece of paper isn't needed by you, him/ her or God.

It's only needed by man in order to make money.

We did eventually get legally married for insurance reasons but I would have been just as happy and just as faithful and just as married if we didn't.

Best Answer

God says,But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. 1 Corithians 7:9 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Matt.19: 6 sorry but you are very confused! i had to post this because many confusion in this world about what God thinks.And he is our father in heaven.Read the bible if you want more answers KJV. take care and Godbless you,don't let satan decieve you.oh father in heaven will see if you ignore this message,he records every little single thing we do.May you be my brother in christ one day? because its sounds like you need repentence.Jesus loves you! bye, bye,

Best Answer

That's what your God thinks, not mine. You quote words from God that were written by men.
The "Gods" know true love when they see it. They don't need the paper work of men to know it's so.

Best Answer

Well marriage to me is a life long commitment between man and woman. Well that is one man and one woman. :))

What goes on with people i cannot comment on, but adultery is a bad thing to do whether married or not.

Best Answer

I lived with my first wife for 5 years and we had a great time.

Then we married.

Less than 1 year later we were separated. I think marriage is special. For special people.

Without getting into the myriad reasons of why, the institution is sometimes run by the inmates. Inmates always try to escape. David Letterman once said that he thought marriage licenses should require a test and then be issued as a 10 year renewable contract.

I say make it 5 years.

Best Answer

30 years ago it meant for love for life today it means he messed up along the way,hurt me his wife i despise him and i hate the word marriage

Best Answer

pain and hurt

Best Answer

Well there is the childhood meaning of marriage.. primarily focused on the big day all in white.. now as I am approaching 47 years old.. and getting married for the first time.. marriage or the meaning of it has been evolving and changing for me.. so I am finally down to .. a living, developing committed relationship that two people make; first and foremost to each other and to family and friends as witnesses..because throughout the relationship you will need the support of your family and friends through times of hardship and celebration..

Best Answer

End of freedom, end of originality, end of faith, end of power. Pain

Best Answer

a piece of paper XD

Best Answer

WHAT MARRIAGE MEANS TO ME IS

...bringing my love and his love and sharing in our love ..

...whether this is a marriage by law, or a marriage of nature ..

This is what "marriage" means to me

Best Answer

Best Answer

It means you have made peace with your soul and have found a comfort in knowing that this one person will always know just exactly who you are,how youe feel, what you are thinking, and they will love you and stand by your side forever anyway..

Best Answer

Marriage means never again to me. I will be happy in a committed relationship while living with a guy, but that piece of paper is not worth all the trauma and confusion is creates. It makes it harder to break up, harder to deal with the kids, harder on your pocketbook...people act as though because you have that piece of paper, you are expected to be unhappy forever. I am leaving mine....and will not marry again...

Best Answer

Did you really say marriage makes it harder to break up?? Thats asinine! Its written in the vows "for as long as you both shall live" on purpose, you're not suppose to "break up" from marriage. Then again I guess if you go into it for the wrong reasons or without knowing your partner some people would think that way. I feel sorry for you that you think marriage is a piece of paper that creates "trauma and confusion", thats not at all what a good marriage is.

Best Answer

God says,But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. 1 Corithians 7:9 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Matt.19: 6 sorry but you are very confused! i had to post this because many confusion in this world about what God thinks.And he is our father in heaven.Read the bible if you want more answers KJV. take care and Godbless you,don't let satan decieve you.oh father in heaven will see if you ignore this message,he records every little single thing we do.May you be my sister in christ one day? because its sounds like you need repentence.Jesus loves you! bye, bye,

Best Answer

marraige...everyone has a different opinion..not every one is the same so of course there will be some different views. I personally believe in marraige,my first didn't work out to well(4yrs.)and 3 children.I waited 8 yrs. before I remarried and belive me I had plenty of offers in that time. He was married but not happy and she was 14 yrs. older than him, they had 1 child. We now have been together for 23yrs...married 22yrs. We have our ups and downs he left..I left but in the long run we knew that we loved each other and didn't really want to be with anyone else. What can I say..Marraige is not for everyone and yes when I left I felt good but I like having a good solid man next to me and we respect each other and we have fun together and now a days trying to find a good man is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, I'll stay with what I have.

Best Answer

I don't think anyone should get marry today,Its not all is meant to be.Thats why divorce is up to 60 percent from 50 so that should tell you something and the ones that are marry stay because money, kids, pressure,freinds,family, but they don't stay because they love each other.So many of them pretend to have a great marriage only in the surface though,and when they do get a divorce people seem so shock.How could it be they were so happy i don't understand what could have gone wrong.And the reasons is because its so easy to fall into a rut and create a comfort zone,you need to keep the spark going on all the time,or than it becomes boring.If its to work and its a very big if you need to keep on dating each other like if its your first time.Man need to bring flowers to there wifes just because not because its Valentine day or your annverisary or birthday,do it out of the blue beccause it makes us think that we were on your mind,and woman it goes for you too surprise them with a romantic dinner candles nice sliverware,look sexy and just that one day no interuptions just you and him.So if you can't commit to to all this and more your marriage is doom.You must always remember the first time you saw each other,you couln't keep your hands off each other how you got butterflies everytime you saw him or her.Its work but noboby wants to work at anything they rather live in a misearble marriage just because than try to recapture what they once had. So if you are thinking of making that big step know that its going to be the good the bad and the ugly its a package deal.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Lost wages.

Best Answer

Its an interesting question right now because its been 6 years of marriage - my wife says we are not married anymore because we are separated but the law does not consider you divorced until certain things are met so still think we're technically still married. I also find after that many years... if some work is needed then is there a measurement as to if it takes this long - after this long I'm done? To me marriage is more than the ring, its funny I see more guys hit on because of wearing their ring vs. lack of one (not that I advocate that - some professions its better for safety etc.) Um... a counselor once told me that marriage only continues to work if both parties are willing to continue working on it...

Best Answer

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.Genisis 2:24 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.Mark 10:12 Read the bible hello!! for answers ask no man,they can't help! only God can.The book of life is right in front of our faces how to live in this world of discomfort and stress and full of sin.Repentence is first to continue then pray and grab the book of life.

Best Answer

Marriage is just a piece of paper as license to make everything legal from babies, properties, assets, commitments and so on. It is a dream to have a perfect marriage. What makes one marriage last longer than the other is communication - so long you are in the same wave length with your partner nothing will go wrong. Some people stayed married and never have good communication that to me is freaking sad. No one is strong enough to walk out but to those who did and did it AMICABLY well and remained friends with their ex spouse are just amazing! Best to keep friends with thy foe than be enemies with your spouse or ex... hehehe I am telling myself on this everyday....

So next question is it really worth to be married or have relationship?

Does getting married makes you a complete person?

Can anyone agree to disagree?

Best Answer

It is like having a proctologist with really hairy big muscular arms reaching in deep.

Best Answer

hi. Marriage. i have always said since i was small i never want to marry, because it has no meaning anymore. my mum is married to her 3rd husbond, and my dad re-married 5years ago. people seem to give up to soon now a days. my nan and grandad have been married nearly 60 years. and have had 7 children. i have no doubt at all that they had arguements and probally massive strain bringing up 7 children in a 3 bed house. but they are happy. they are my idols. marriage should be a symbol of love and it should be taken seriously. i think people just get married now because they think it is what should be the next step in there relationship. dont get me wrong not everyone gets married to get divorced. i guess also there is so much presure now to have the 2.4 kids.and with comunication and social possibilities not being so restricted you can meet some one anywhere now 50 years ago it more likely that you meet them at school or a party. it was the only way of socialising. love must be the reason for marriage but how many people have you loved x

Best Answer