I would like to know as it would make it more interesting for me.
DOLPHINTRACEY DOLPHINTRACEY 46-50, F 6 Answers Sep 26, 2009

It means learn and find out dumby

Best Answer

par is the standard number of shots you should make the ball into the hole, and is considered even in the +/- ratio.

bogey is one shot too many and is considered one in the plus range. double bogey would be two, and so on.

birdie is one shot below par. eagle is one shot below birdie.

i don't know what bridle is.

Best Answer

Let me see if I can make this simple. If a hole is parr 3, that means you're supposed to make that hole in 3 strokes. If it takes you 4 or more, that's a bogey. If you make in in under 3 strokes, that's a birdie. If you make it in one stroke, that's a hole-in-one and doesn't happen very often.

Best Answer

taken from Answers.com, I'm guessing you mean Birdie not bridle~ "A bogie is what you get when you complete a hole in one more stroke than what is par for that hole. Par is the number of strokes you are supposed to take on a given hole and there are par 3's,4's, and 5's on a golf course"

In common with others, the Historical Dictionary of Golfing Terms (1993) believes that "Birdie", meaning a score of one stroke under Par on a given hole comes from the 19th century American slang term "bird", meaning anything excellent

And hre are more details http://www.scottishgolfhistory.net/bogey_par.htm

Best Answer