K, just copying this from Y! answers. :P For about a year now, I've had dreams of being raped. The one that keeps repeating itself is in this dark grey room with the curtains drawn. The man has a gun and I take it from him but can't ever shoot him. I had two dreams like this, but in other dreams, it's like a flashback from those dreams. In another dream like that, I actually saw the guy. And in other dreams he's raped me, just not in the dark room. I've had other dreams of escaping from rape, but the man just shoots me, so I don't know. What could these dreams mean?
ItsEstrella ItsEstrella 16-17, F 3 Answers May 30, 2010

Perhaps it's an insecurity about not being in control, maybe also feeling trapped. Perhaps there is something in your life that you feel others have too much say in, that you feel you can't do things you'd like to do because other people are holding you back, perhaps you feel helpless and want to take more control and independence of your own life but feel held back.<br />
I'd say if this is not a true reflection on real life (like a flash back to past trauma) then it is symbolic of the feelings around the dream rather than the actual dream itself, so the feelings of being helpless, not in control, unable to escape or escape being futile, fear of what might happen if you do manage to get control back, perhaps a feeling of not being in a safe place right now.

Best Answer