Oh, I'm sorry. I stumbled into a wrong Q. I'll be leaving.

Best Answer

I didn't get = rights off of that- let me study further, Blue-wonder

Best Answer

OK. I've looked it over and decided it's too fanatical to be bothered with. It's another of those don't teach a pig to sing deals; you annoy the pig and waste your time. Better?

Best Answer

Wait- is there not an internal inconsistancy with a woman preaching about how woman are to be submissive and not preach? This Q should not even exist as she is to remain quiet

Best Answer

we are not in the church now are we

Best Answer

This is why I was passing through. Took a look-chatted with Blu- moved along-go back to thumping

Best Answer

1 Timothy 2:12 ... I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.<br />
1 Corinthians 14:34 ... women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

Best Answer

OOOOO ... I'll just go and ask the Supreme being

Best Answer

at a quick glance look up 1 co 14:34 but don't forget to read all the other words before and after it. that is how the bible is miss quoted.

Best Answer

So what I gather is that a woman must be silent unless she prophecies. Because in Acts chapter two it says that God pours out his spirit both men and women and they shall prophecy

Best Answer

i am not really into studying honestly. but i do know of some great women teachers. for me personally it is not going against the word. we all have our opinions.

Best Answer

I'm not a religious nut but I quite like the history of this. For a start, the Catholic church frowned on the layman or laywoman ( Life of Brianish here) from reading the Bible in English.I'd imagine there was some horrific deaths that come about this in around the King James version of the Bible been translated into English 400 years ago.

Best Answer

Bible scholars are beginning to admit that Mary Magdalene, who was portrayed as a prostitute by the early church, was actually a disciple of Christ and equal with the other disciples. One must remember that the early Catholic church had mountains of "holy" text to wade through, that all the books attributed to the disciples were actually written after they were dead, and that the early church was extremely sexist. The Christian bible is the creation of a committee of men. I know that some people believe they were divinely inspired. ba<x>sed on their willingness to kill anyone who disagreed with them, I doubt it. But that is just me.

Best Answer

Paul spoke of those things in his letters to the churches. Paul wasn't married.

Best Answer

You have to look also at the culture of that time, although Jesus did more to liberate women than anyone before him (When he spoke to the woman at the well, He was the first person to speak to a woman that was not related to him which was not the custom of the day). So the issue of a woman keeping silent in service is a cultural issue and not set down by God. Paul even states that it is Paul said this and not God.

Best Answer

(1 Corinthians 11:3) 3 But I want YOU to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God. <br />
Under God's arrangement man is to teach in the congregation. Women can preach the good news and teach outside the congregation from house to house, malls, public transpositions ect and in private homes. They can become missionary.<br />
(Titus 1:5-9) 5 I left you in Crete so that you could finish doing what still needed to be done. And I also left you there so that you could choose men to be elders in every town. 6 To be an elder, a man must not be guilty of living in a wrong way. He must be faithful to his wife,[a] and his children must be faithful to God.[b] They must not be known as children who are wild or don’t obey. 7 An elder[c] has the job of taking care of God’s work. So people should not be able to say that he lives in a wrong way. He must not be someone who is proud and selfish or who gets angry quickly. He must not drink too much, and he must not be someone who likes to fight. He must not be a man who will do almost anything for money. 8 An elder must be ready to help people by welcoming them into his home. He must love what is good. He must be wise. He must live right. He must be devoted to God and pleasing to him. And he must be able to control himself. 9 An elder must be faithful to the same true message we teach. Then he will be able to encourage others with teaching that is true and right. And he will be able to show those who are against this teaching that they are wrong.<br />
(Titus 2:1-8) You, however, must tell everyone how to live in a way that agrees with the true teaching. 2 Teach the older men to have self-control, to be serious, and to be wise. They must be strong in faith, in love, and in patience.<br />
3 Also, teach the older women to live the way those who serve the Lord should live. They should not go around saying bad things about others or be in the habit of drinking too much. They should teach what is good. 4 By doing this they will teach the younger women to love their husbands and children. 5 They will teach them to be wise and pure, to take care of their homes, to be kind, and to be willing to serve their husbands. Then no one will be able to criticize the teaching God gave us.<br />
6 In the same way, tell the young men to be wise. 7 You should be an example for them in every way by the good things you do. When you teach, be honest and serious. 8 And your teaching should be clearly right so that you cannot be criticized. Then anyone who is against you will be ashamed. There will not be anything bad they can say about us.

Best Answer