As a young boy I was always raised with the mentality that making certain sacrifices is a necessary evil in order to get ahead in the game of life. But what does getting ahead really mean, exactly at what cost will it take to get ahead, who exactly am I competing against, and when all is said and done; is it worth it? I've never put much thought into it until recently, but every person measures success in different ways, do we not? Socially, financially, physically, spiritually, academically, etc. I've always been told by several friends, family, coworkers etc; that financially, I'm in pretty good shape. No debt, respectable savings, but the things I've had to do to get where I am today leaves me wondering at night, was it all worth it? The result of "getting ahead" in one aspect of my life has left me leagues behind in other aspects of life when compared to another person of my age. Especially socially, I always feel like I've missed out on so much.. Dating, partying, etc.
Brando42 Brando42 22-25, M 10 Answers May 7, 2012

To me it indicates the mind set preferred by the authorities,indicative of buying into the whole rotten system,and playing their game to crawl over the masses all trying to win in a game where the dice are so loaded that in reality there is little real chance of succeeding,even using success as they believe it to be.I dont want to get ahead,but Id like to progress with as many as possible,sharing a path to better values and goals.

Best Answer

Why not, if you're success financially, it's more easier to you than anyone else to get ahead! Means, go to interesting places, places you've never been - accepting party invitations, date would come along - anywhere, anytime! Up to how you respond to ones! Simply have some fun, enjoy!! It really is worth it - otherwise... why you are so hard working saving money, spend wisely, save for future, but have FUN, for goodness sake!

Best Answer

To me it simply indicates a lifestyle that is sustainable, plus a bit. In other words, your means exceed your expenses. Incrementally is a good, safe, sure plan toward growth. the earlier you start, the more painless it is to retire wealthy..and trust me, the time will get here whether you're ready or not.

Best Answer

to me it means, if you don't think about tomorrow, you will always be worried about today

Best Answer

Jeffrey Dahmer thought it was possible!

Best Answer

Whatever it means, my bicycle doesn't have reverse, so I'm sure that it doesn't apply to me.

Best Answer