If not, then everyone who has ever been married is married for time and eternity, right?
LKRK LKRK 56-60 9 Answers Oct 18, 2010

Therein lies the problem with believing in human traditions instead of believing in God's Word, the Bible. Problems, confusion, contradictions are bound to come up, like the one you are questioning.<br />
For any real Christian, there is no such doubt about what breaks the marriage bond from God's point of view. Fornication or death are the only grounds for marrying someone else. [Matthew 19:3-9] Since when a person dies, the soul being the person also dies. [Ezekiel 18:4; Eccl. 9:5,10; Ps 146:4] <br />
If a person looses their mate in death, that person is not expected by God to live out the course of their life single and in the flesh while their dead mate lives on the spirit realm. In the spirit realm there is no gender nor marriage! Note Jesus comment found in Luke 20:34-36: Jesus said to them: “The children of this system of things marry and are given in marriage, but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. In fact, neither can they die anymore, for they are like the angels, and they are God’s children by being children of the resurrection." <br />
So if such words like "til death do us part" are included in one's marriage vow, it simply means you are sc<x>ripturally bound to that person as his/her mate until one of you dies.

Best Answer

Until death us do part is part of the Wedding ceremony and it means you will stay together and love each other until on of you dies.

Best Answer

I think it means that you will stay with that person til your earthly body dies but ive been told that twice and no luck yet lol

Best Answer

So what happens if "that person" dies before you do? I take it you've been married twice and neither one worked, is that right?

Best Answer

It means in this life -- no sex for you in the afterlife, silly. But it wasn't part of my wedding vows, so don't take my word for it.

Best Answer

Do we ever die I think yes and no. In other words the body dies but .... Did you ever hear that the person dies and the mate sees him again which he looks actually better than he did here. Think about it and married I think you still are married but think of it as adding to your extended family kinda thing. Heck in other words you never know

Best Answer