Thoughts I have had are... if things are good now its only going to go downhill from here. or dont look at whats to come concentrate on what is happening now or you cant change the future so be happy with what your doing now?... I dunno I really struggled to understand it...
tyco313 tyco313 22-25, M 13 Answers Mar 2, 2010

This is a quote from Matthew 6:34. There are many possible interpretations but here are two that I particularly llke: (1) (this is a parallel translation from the New International Version) - "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (2) English Standard Version: "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."<br />
I hope that clears it up a little.

Best Answer

There has been enough evil for one day.

Best Answer

I've heard it used in the following context, although I don't think this was the original Biblical intent: Doing a task sufficiently to get through the day will just put off inevitable problems that will haunt you in the future. In short... "Do it right the first time."

Best Answer

Essntially, It means "don't be greedy" - greed, gluttony and avarice are major evils and once you have enough, be satisfied, don't be tempted into more for more's sake.

Best Answer

My Grandmother used this all the time and she said it meant "Don't go lookin got trouble cuz trouble's already lookin for you."

Best Answer

i am with jan.

Best Answer

...i knew that...<br />
do you believe me?

Best Answer

unto means until or with, and thereof means origin or of or concerning. therefor it may mean that something is "sufficient with/ (god oryourself???) until the day you find the origin of (your own or anothers) evil or til you have a concern provoking an evil" but it maybe different depending on the rest if the sentence, paragraph. sounds biblical. hell i don;t know

Best Answer

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient to the day is the evil thereof.<br />
Matt. 6:34

Best Answer

hmm...maybe, it's enough to feel the way we do at the time, and we don't need to bring whatever evil with us into tomorrow? that's my guess. :)

Best Answer

I wanna research the meaning of the word evil in the context of the biblical word......not at home so I do not have the concordance but let us not worry about tomorrow for today has its own problems already God will take care of it and prepare you for it as he has done for today.

Best Answer