Ah, the unintended, and probably not considered, consequences of our decisions... I think there really is one event. Some hints: It was the culmination of a series of lesser events. It has to do with substituting one type of measurement with another.
TheSquirrel TheSquirrel 46-50, M 2 Answers Nov 5, 2012 in Education

Affirmative action

Best Answer

Same time frame, but something different.

Best Answer

Viet nam war?

Best Answer

Nope.

Best Answer

The metric system?

Best Answer

Nope. Another hint: It has to do with IQ testing.

Best Answer

the bell curve

Best Answer

I think the tipping point is mentioned in The Bell Curve. As a pair of hints, I could tell you that it was a Supreme Court decision and that it got a very different reaction than the Bell Curve did when it came out.

Best Answer

Brown vs. Board of Education?

Best Answer

Brown v Board of Education was a good decision with positive consequences, so nope.

Best Answer

I have to go, so here is the answer: Griggs v Duke Power Co. This made it prohibitively difficult to use IQ tests in the processes of hiring and promoting people. So, what is the next best thing, that an employer does not have to hassle with, that can be used in its place? A college degree.

Best Answer

401 U.S. 424 (1971)

Best Answer

Metric system adoption - which was supposed to happen in 1980 but didn't.

Nowadays, thinking "metric" is a key way to distinguish university graduates from high school graduates.

Best Answer

Nope. I left another hint on lobject's thread.

Best Answer