When you really think about it, this website (as any collection of people) is really about staying in touch with the world. Upon joining, I did the 'befriend anyone who seems like fun' thing, which many people do as 'greenies', but as time progressed, I realized that I didn't communicate with most of my circle. I ran a quick check on the hypothesis, and sent champagne to everyone my list, and I was appalled by how few people responded with a thank you, or even a mention of my gift. Hmmm... very interesting. In any case, I've found myself with less than 2 dozen friends, and, quite frankly, wouldn't trust most of them with my deepest, darkest issues. I don't know about you, but I like to go for real people, and not to cliques and girlie groups. I think that as we become older, we tend to focus on personality traits that are more comforting and enlightening in others. Forgive me for not being my old, humourous self, but I've been a little philosophical today!

Best Answer

Fantastic answer Fishsweeper, totally agree with all you have said. Thank you for sharing, your answer was well thought out. I do not share easily of my deepest issues either. God bless.

Best Answer

Thank you for adding me, and for awarding me the BA! I hope that we can stay in contact often. How was your holiday season? Ours was filled with adventures and mishaps! lol

Best Answer

Our holidays are very quiet now in comparison to days gone by. So many have passed on. But I count my blessings, and thank God for what I do have. Yes, lets stay in touch, I know we have both lost a child, lifes worst experience. God bless.

Best Answer

I would love to stay in touch with you! As I grow older, I find that even small gestures or comforts are enough to keep me happy, which is a good thing because I already have enough 'stuff'. I DO miss having the kids running around the house, keeping me busy, though.

Best Answer

After some less than favorable experiences, I only add people who have been here long enough so that I am reasonably certain of the kind of person they truly are.

Best Answer

I'm really careful and yet I've had a few unfortunate experiences. I rarely added before, but now I've gone back to only adding those with whom I'm philosophically compatible. It may seem like an echo chamber, but it's been more peaceful; I'm not offending as many people. ;)

Best Answer

I understand Bijoux, probably better to stay with those you feel compatible with. Though I prefer not to even discuss politics anymore, as thats the main subject at home. I tire of talking politics and have friends of many persuasions and beliefs.

Best Answer

I just feel buttons....

Best Answer

Buttons that's so sweet !

Best Answer

It depends. I am more open but it means I don't get to talk to everyone. If I find someone needing a shoulder I generally vanish into pm very quickly

Best Answer

Interesting, sometimes people become too dependent. not good.

Best Answer

They can try... Very chatty and if I am in the middle of a deep conversation people get ignored and I warn my circle of that

Best Answer

If they aren't creepy or flaky

Best Answer

curiosity, the way some respond to some of my answers. but basically alwyas love to get to know anyone from different backgrounds, so I can appreciate todays society a little more.

Best Answer

A whim usually...

Best Answer