Swimming is great for low impact. There are also water aerobics she could do or maybe yoga, Tai Chi or just plain getting her involved in some social activities that get her out and about.

Best Answer

thanks. shes saying that the specialist told her to walk but whats the point when she broke it three times walking.

Best Answer

If she were my mother, I'd want her bone density measured before choosing another exercise.

Best Answer

yeah ill tell her that.x

Best Answer

Swimming and working out by a video at home.

Best Answer

I would say forget about exercise till she has a bone scan. She could use an exercise bike and just use the other leg , thats what I did when I was healing from a broken ankle.

Best Answer

anything upper body fucused seated and or lying donw... chest presses, anything for biceps or triceps, bycycles lots of different ab movements. its sounds like i am being cantacorous but any excersize that doesnt make her ankle hurt. did she break it just walking or in a fall?

Best Answer

she was out walking and her ankle just went from under her and snaped. the second time she broke it though she was doing a mini marathon.

Best Answer

ok then so is the ankle weaker now wre they clean breaks? stress fractures at all? any complications in healing?

Best Answer

two were but shes not sure of the current one. when she got it xrayed there was to much damage done to see exactly what was going on.

Best Answer

Jesus i would consider booking a session with a knowledgable physio, and get alot of proffessional advice after gettin a bone density test, thats just not normal

Best Answer

true thanks.x

Best Answer

would swimming be a possibility?

Best Answer

she has asthma, would it suit?

Best Answer

ASTHMA IS FINE ITS THE SEVERITY OF THE BREAK THAT IS THE ISSUE WITH SWIMMING. TRY IT IF IT HURT THE ANKLE STOP

Best Answer

depends on how she reacts to the chlorine in the swimming pool... but normally speaking clean water should not cause problems... check with a doctor if you're not sure....

Best Answer

thanks.x

Best Answer