There are a lot of different treatments for tinnitus, one of my friends had Botox for his tinnitus but they also use Tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline and nortriptyline and Xanax.<br />
Ear wax removal, Treatment for blood vessel issues or a change in a medication you take.<br />
White noise and hearing aids have helped too<br />
Do you see an ENT (ear nose throat doc)?

Best Answer

Thanks for input, no insurance.

Best Answer

Try doing a google search for free or reduced cost clinics, if they prescribe medication, you can apply medication assistance with the pharmaceutical company that manufactures the medication, most of them have programs to get you the medication for free.
I'll look up the pharm companies that make amitriptyline and send you the link

Best Answer

Mine comes and goes. I have turned off the radio or TV to see if it real on occasion.

Best Answer

mine is constant, under a lot of stress too, on top of the fact I really like my music loud and raw.

Best Answer

I don't get katydid sounds but a really strong pulsing sound that makes it hard to hear. I just wait it out, sometimes take a nap, and it eventually goes away.

Best Answer

how odd, pulsating...like a heartbeat...whompwhomp...no would trade you.

Best Answer

not like a heartbeat - I can't think of what to compare it to - but it's really loud. Luckily it's never lasted a whole day and doesn't happen every day. Sorry, yours sounds terrible - that would drive me crazy!

Best Answer