HiPpIeRoNiN HiPpIeRoNiN 31-35, M 17 Answers Aug 18 in Community

I am not sure people have less empathy, but I do think it is easier to be less empathetic online than in person, It is unrealistic to expect empathy in an online forum.... I think a local face to face support group will provide lots of support and empathy. Empathy does not lend itself to online format.

Best Answer

True.

Best Answer

The cold and uncaring take and get the spotlight there are many that have empathy yes even on here they just are not out front and very seldom noticed.

Best Answer

True.

Best Answer

Je ne suis pas sûr. Mais je me sens vraiment découragée en ce moment. Avez-vous vu comment le reste de la conversation se poursuivit ? Aïe ! :P

Best Answer

...

Best Answer

@bijouxbroussard: Quelle conversation parlez-vous, mon ami?

Best Answer

La question Ferguson. J'ai presque évité un argument. Pas tout à fait. :(

Best Answer

@bijouxbroussard: Ah oui! J'ai presque perdu mon sang-froid et au moment de répondre à cette question ainsi. Mais j'ai décidé d'être saracstic place tout en expliquant la vérité sur des gens blancs qui aiment généraliser en parlant de personnes noires dans un ton hostile de la voix. Vous avez fait un bon travail vous-même lorsque vous avez dit que questionneur off! :-)

Best Answer

Merci. C'est comme parler à bois, tu sais ?

Best Answer

@bijouxbroussard: Vous êtes les bienvenus, mon ami. Et vous avez raison. Il est comme parler à bois. haha! ;-)

Best Answer

#becausecomputershappened

Best Answer

Materialism is what happened to empathy but it's still here and online too

Best Answer

True.

Best Answer

To a certain degree this may be true, but not at the rate you probably think. Because of the media manipulation(nothing gets ratings, or hits, or shares, like drama), those that are the most ****** up always get a stage and a spotlight. I think they are vastly outnumbered by those who do care, but those that care simply do not have a megaphone. Nor do they want it for that matter.

Best Answer

True. But online activity certainly plays into this. You really get to see what people think and feel about each other. Thanks to anonymity, the truth comes out and then some.

Best Answer

While Lincoln spoke of the better angels of our nature, we seem to be dancing to the beat of the angels of our lower angels. There is so much free floating anger and distrust. Whilst things are far from [perfect in our little corner of Paradise,they have been much worse times in our history,and I am at a loss to explain the callousness and cynacism

Best Answer

I agree. It's quite strange these days. It's both confusing and understandable.

Best Answer

They are a bunch of ******** is why ;-)

Best Answer

I don't think that's something to be smiling about. Other than that, I agree with you.

Best Answer

I laugh as I feel sorry for those people...they are shallow, fickle people with no heart.. :/

Best Answer

True. I feel sorry for them as well. :-(

Best Answer

empathy takes work - it's easier to mock... and gives said mocker the mistaken impression it will distract us from his/her own insecurities

Best Answer

All part of society's polarization.

Best Answer

We get that way, when people take advantage of us.

Best Answer

I haven't taken advantage of anyone.

Best Answer

Then you are not one of those, of whom I speak. :)

Best Answer

Then why do many of those who lack empathy frequently attack me?

Best Answer

I don't know the answer to that. I walk my own path and pay my own way. I have no control over the actions others.

Best Answer

The refuse the knowledge of God in their hearts.

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

Where have you been? This isn't just nowadays.

Best Answer

So far, I've been on this earth for 35 years. I always pay attention to the world around me. I don't see the harm in asking such a question. I asked it to see and understand what other peoples thoughts are on this particular subject.

Best Answer

Not everyone is. There are just a lot of ********. Try not to focus on them, good people are still there. Watch closely and you will find them.

Best Answer

I do watch closely. And they're becoming more and more scarce.

Best Answer

They are watching TV mostly, I guess.

Best Answer