N2WishN N2WishN 31-35, F 13 Answers Jan 30, 2012

Nope because all it teaches them is how to be cowardly, passive aggressive, 2faced bulsh!tters. Say what you mean, mean what you say, keep it real and if it's a psycho your talking about then and only then is it ok say nothing and turn the other cheek. I tend to tell people what I think if I don't like them or what they have to say then show em both cheeks and tell em to kiss it as I walk away OJ lol

Best Answer

That sort of passivity has lead to people in society thinking that can do whatever they like as no one will call them on it. It enables bullies. Bottling things up makes people ill too. Be assertive as that's the best measure.

Best Answer

I was raised that way and it works for me. If I can't say anything nice I just smile, it drives a person nuts lol.

Best Answer

Direct honesty even if it is not nice if the situation calls for it.<br />
Sometimes certain things need to be brought to the forefront and that may require hurting someone's feelings.<br />
As in your best friend being a drug addict and you telling him that he is going to ruin his life if he continues.

Best Answer

I was raised this way and do not agree with it. Instead, it taught me to keep quiet for fear of injuring someone's feelings, when people repeatedly brutalized mine. <br />
How about, think about what you're going to say before you open your mouth, taking others feelings into consideration, but don't let anyone treat you like a door mat. <br />
We quote off dumb crap to our kids without ever taking the time to explain to them WHY. Why should I consider others feelings? Why should I think beyond my own selfish wants? No one bothers with critical thinking.

Best Answer

eh.. to a certain extent. to very young kids i guess but as they get older u should tell them to stand up for urself and what u believe in.

Best Answer

Yes agree, tell my daughter this all the time. She is young, her world and that of her friends is pure gossip. one day this one is not friends with that one, the next they are friends again and saying what you said. Till you learn who you can trust a good idea.

Best Answer

For me, it's not about what you say being nice or not, it's about how you say it. Never pointing out flaws or drawbacks is not good practice. One should not sugar coat everything. However, it's important to be honest so people know where they stand. Just deliver it in a caring and supportive way.<br />
But ultimately, there are some things better left unsaid. I wouldn't tell a stranger with messed up teeth that their chances of being liked will increase if their teeth looked good. But, I may tell that to a friend, if it's the truth.

Best Answer

No because then we end up saying only nice things which is lunacy which ends up with the idea that people have the right not to be offended.

Best Answer

The whole point of being human has to do with abusing those around you, intentionally, or not.

Best Answer