A while ago my brain just seemed to stop functioning normally. Ugh.
ShakespeareSonnet116 ShakespeareSonnet116 31-35, F 7 Answers Aug 17, 2013 in Emotional Health

I think overuse of this site does it. It happened to me last week

Best Answer

Crud. I've been here for over two years. :|

Best Answer

This is my 3rd account in as many years. We're both doomed, lol

Best Answer

Bugger. :/

Best Answer

I had a couple of weeks that -- it felt like brain-fog (google it)...I had a lot going on at the time, so I attributed to that.

Best Answer

I have been really stressed recently... But I definitely feel that this has been happening from before then. :|

Best Answer

Stress, fatigue, and diet can all contribute.
For a while, try to eat better, read positive things, and exercise wouldn't hurt. Meditation or yoga for the stress may help. Also find a new activity to engage in. If you don't already know about meetup.com, (It's not a hook-up site), it's a place you can put in your zip code and find groups that meet near you; you can also search by your interests (like photography, spiritual, book groups, kick-ball, so many others in just about every interest field) and there you find like minded people-which can help with the stress. Best of Luck!

Best Answer

I run At Least three times a week, & my diet is very good... Except you'll have to pry the cheesy poofs out of my cold dead hands, Lol! I should do yoga & meditation, they're both recommended for ADD... & the meetup.com thing - I live in Ireland, so that might not do exactly. But thank you so much for you recommendations! :) <3

Best Answer

I know meetup is international. Whether Ireland has groups there, I don't know. Sometimes you just have to put one foot in front of the other each day to get through the stress-wait it out, and know there is a bright side on the other side of the fog. Do things to relax your mind. I've been playing board games once a week with a group of nice people--I can think about the game/strategy if I want to or just play for fun-->winning isn't the game for me-it's the experience; read positive and/or inspiring stories; take up a new hobby; drop out of your normal routine and change things around; volunteer-there are people less fortunate that need help; shift your focus; try to find the lesson in the things you are going through. Someone once said to me, there are no bad things that happen-just lessons to be learned--thinking that way throws a different light on circumstances; If you don't like where you are, think about where you would like to be and break things down into the steps that it takes to get you there...it doesn't mean life won't interfere again, adjust course and continue. Since I don't know the particulars of your stress, I hope one or more of these things will help.

Best Answer

I'll bet you get told you're calming a lot... :)

Best Answer

Not really, but I try :)
Life likes to test sometimes to see if what we really want, is what we really want-->enough to go for it.

Best Answer

Apparently you can still get dressed and communicate.<br />
So what's the problem???<br />
Oh you think you're the only one.<br />
Here let me help you with that.<br />
You're not.<br />
Do what you wanna do and stop making apologizes.<br />
You are way better than you think.

Best Answer

I didn't apologise once. Couldn't give a rats patooty what anybody else thinks! ...But I have to live with it!

Best Answer

you seem to have recovered already. lol

Best Answer

See, I'm so stupid I don't even get how you'd think that... If I lose my sarcasm I swear I'll have to end it all. Lol!

Best Answer

don't worry, you'll never lose it. sometimes you don't feel inspired, or can't be bothered, but that's ok. it will always come back to you. LOL

Best Answer

You're speaking like you know me, lol! :)

Best Answer

oh good, you're human too! let's party! \o/

Best Answer

Are you saying if I was Swedish you wouldn't invite me to your party?! :'(

Best Answer

you have not recovered yet. please lie down and drink this. sleep a while and come back when you're well

Best Answer

But... but... but!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_aliens *pouts*

Best Answer

ah you can refer to wikipedia on your own! brilliant!

but you do know that was not what i meant :P you are welcome, whatever your skin, race, country or galaxy is.

Best Answer

Wikipedia is really handy when I've misplaced my hitchhikers guide! ...& that's another thing! I keep losing everything vital to my existence. Most troublesome! :|

Best Answer

all i need is in here. i read the guide, it was fun, but nothing much. certainly not life-guiding!
what else have you lost?

Best Answer

Last weekend I watched "Waking life" for the very first time (no clue how I missed that little gem!) then when it was over I couldn't find the remote control for about fifteen minutes - Oh the irony! Granted I was tripping my wee head off, but that's not the point... I like to leave the television on through the day when I'm at work so my baby doggies have entertainment. But I can Never find the remote when I get home! (I don't watch T.v myself- Bleh!). My iPhone keeps disappearing, & my keys! Gah! ...Pretty much I think my brain committed harry carry. It's no funzees. :|

Best Answer

just like a normal day for me then! i sometimes leave my phone in my car and go crazy looking for it! and i'm so sure i left it in silence mode and there's no use calling myself! and i was so wrong all the time -.-'
oooh lovely! what kind of dogs? i always leave the tv on too. not that they care much, but anyway.

Best Answer

I'm sure they do care! Silence would be twitch-worthy. :| They're Lurchers! <3<3<3 ...& oh my, yes. The phone on silent thing. Ugh!

Best Answer

i've never seen those. how big are they? mine are amstaff.

Best Answer

Lurchers were brought into being by the Irish when the English decided we weren't allowed sighthounds in the 14th century. They're crossed with a working dog, usually a terrier... The oldest is a Staffordshire bull terrier/ whippet mix, the younger a Saluki (Egyptian greyhound), greyhound, & terrier... Is Amstaff an abbreviation for American Staffordshire terrier? :D

Best Answer

yes :D they're not pure. they were rescued from the streets, and one of them is clearly mixed with pointer. he has a beautiful pointer head! the other one has a beautiful amstaff head :) oh they're brothers. it was a litter of seven, i found parents for the other five, nobody wanted these two... i'm not sure but i don't think i could let these two go, now.
got pictures? :D

Best Answer

I just love staffies!!! My fluffybabies were rescued too. The staffy/ whippet one the very day before she was due to be put down! It was her third birthday the week before last. :)

Best Answer

hooray! a friend of mine rescued a very pregnant pitbull, she had to have surgery but was too weak and didn't survive. eleven were born, but only seven survived. we bottle fed the seven =)

Best Answer

Awwwww. That is so so sweet! <3<3<3

Best Answer

they are, the sweetest and cleverest dogs ever. they're very possessive and dangerous to other dogs. they don't let anyone else near the pack.

Best Answer

My babies very possessive too. She gets so jealous I'm I'm snuggling her *sister.

Best Answer

i know!! i just hugged boris and his brother jumped on me! "daddy's miiiiiiiine"

Best Answer

Sooo cute! :D

Best Answer

thank you :D nothing like dogs to cheer you up! or eat your sneakers. your doors. your couch -.-'

Best Answer

& socks! :|

Best Answer

blankets...

Best Answer

Your breakfast! :|

Best Answer

the entire contents of your refrigerator -.-' one of them ate two pounds of margarine and then threw it up. all over the place.

Best Answer

Yep, that here too with 500g tub of butter... At least it was low salt. :|

Best Answer

how they learned to open the fridge, is what baffles me

Best Answer

They're crafty wee buggers!

Best Answer

is that why we love them? =)

Best Answer

Did you have a brain injury? I guess you wouldn't be asking this if you did. That happened to me and I got 'stupid' overnight. : (

Best Answer

No brain injury, no reason at all... No thinkies. :(

Best Answer