Just wondering.. We have a gun collector in this home...
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 33 Answers Mar 30, 2010

The cops will take a minimum of 5 minutes to get there after you call 911. A lot can happen in 5 minutes.<br />
I think we have a RESPONSIBILITY to our families to make certain we have a means to protect them during that critical time.

Best Answer

I think especially these days you should have at least 2 guns, prefferably more. And lots of ammo and anything else you can get your hands on.

Best Answer

Yup...the bigger the better. It is my 2nd Ammendment right. I am an advocate of my right to bear arms, I do, however, believe in keeping them locked and safe when there are little ones around. I also believe if you have weapons in your house, all people living there should be trained and educated in their use and safety.

Best Answer

Bad Idea.<br />
Make Love not War.

Best Answer

Do the anti gun people on here watch the news? I know a woman who's parents are retired teachers. She had tried to reach them for several days then asked her brother to go over and check, because they had not returned phone calls. He found them tied up and dead in their home. It was determined they were tortured for a while then stabbed multiple times and murdered. Just two good citizens who worked many years and were simply trying to enjoy the retirement they worked so hard for and were brutally murdered right in their own house. Sadly,they did not have a gun handy to protect them selves. This is only one example of 1000's of similar murders all across America. I will bet my entire years salary that if this happend the parents of these anti gun people on here that say" no gun will ever have a place in my home", that they would very quickly change their mind and get a gun. You see, to them, they dont seem to care very much if someone elses family gets murdered, but if it happends to them, now thats a different story.

Best Answer

First of all, it's illegal here to have one without a permit. Permits are strictly regulated and if you have a criminal record you can't get one.<br />
The excuse of protection doesn't hold up in court here, you'll be fined if you own a gun without a permit.<br />
The use of a gun in case of protection is even more tricky. You'll be charged with (attempted) murder, unless you can prove you've been attacked first.<br />
I'm not completely agreeing, I think we should all be allowed to protect our properties, families and selves and not wait until we've been under personal attack. <br />
I wouldn't like to have a gun for that, a taser would suffice.

Best Answer

I was raised with guns in the home and yes I have had a few in my home and have one now and intend to keep it.

Best Answer

Go for it; the second amendment is meaningless if free citizens do not exercise their rights. If you're going to have children unsupervised in your home, it would be advisable to lock them up, or at least lock up the ammunition, for those without gun cabinets. Aside from the threat of accidents, kids/teenagers sometimes do really stupid things, like turning said guns on themselves or someone else.

Best Answer

I wish we in the U.K were allowed to own a gun.

Best Answer

A home is a sacred place, if someone comes in uninvited it is on them.<br />
But weapons should stay out of reach of kids, and they have a skill for finding things that you attempt to hide... keep that in mind.

Best Answer

I sleep with a State Trooper. We have a gun and he knows how to use it! I'm glad :)

Best Answer

two collectors and builders of custom guns...three users! and we each have loaded ones at our bedsides. not expecting to use them but prepared. my son had 'gun lessons' from the time he could walk. he was taught that toy guns are never to be pointed at anyone. real ones...only for protection or hunting....and yes, each of us are 'packing' daily. [school being the exception!]

Best Answer

I have dogs that are more effective than a gun. They nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem. <br />
My husband makes swords, we have them everywhere in our home. If they do manage to get in our home, they will me limbless before they get through the threshold.

Best Answer

Guns will never have a place in my home!

Best Answer

I have three. A Kimber, 45 semi-auto; A S&W Model 59, 9mil semi-auto; a Remington 12 ga. riot gun.<br />
So, I think it evident as to what my thoughts are about guns in my home.

Best Answer

I think everywhere shud b like the UK where it's illegal only a moron wud make a killing weapon legal for all people to have them.

Best Answer

Judge Smith Jury Wesson. Break into my house if you believe in the after life, you will meet your Lord. I will shoot twice.

Best Answer

guns are no good in the home. they may make you feel safe but they can also be used against you. bad things can happen with guns. children can have accidents with them or other people in your home. if you get it out to use the result will only end up bad.

Best Answer

I prefer swords.

Best Answer

I do not intend to be rude, but all guns should be scrapped!....There is a new dangerous cult forming in your country.....Any excuse to have a gun!<br />
.....That law allowing yourselves to "BEAR ARMS" is outdated!...It was written in a Different time!"<br />
..Look at all the trouble they have made!....BE CAREFUL!!

Best Answer