happykingdom happykingdom 16-17 27 Answers Oct 7, 2010

It depends. If you are fully convinced there is no god or supreme power/life force behind things, "what you see is what you get" type stance, then you are an Athiest.

But if you're simply undecided, "I know there's something I just don't know what," then you'd be considered Agnostic. That's the fancy term for it.

Best Answer

Wow...it's crazy how many people have their head in the sand responding to this post. For example:

"In the end, everyone believes in God" - how arrogant. I don;t believe in your god, and there are lots more like me

"I am a christian but I don't consider it a religion" -how is it not a religion? Lol....what is it...a book club?

"you may still be called christian" - Lol...the guy says he isn't a christian and yet you still insist he is...haha

Best Answer

yoooo. my dawg lol

Best Answer

Non religious

Best Answer

**** off with your in the end everyone believes in god bullshit.

If you don't think there is enough evidense to prove god exsists (ie just a few books people base their beliefs on and blind faith.) then as said above your an agnostic.

Best Answer

There's a good saying: 'It is what it is'. I don't know what the obsession is with putting a label on everything. I guess it's a way of being able to identify something/someone in a hurry, but I don't like it. Why do you have to be a label if you're not Christian? There are lots of religions besides Christian. I personally, if I had to think up a label for myself, would be 'spiritual', but that covers a whole lot of territory. I still don't like labels. When we were growing up, 40's, 50's, we didn't know there was a thing called a black person. We thought they were just a person. My father instilled in us that people are people. We lived in housing for the military and their families, so had a little bunch of everything, but he made sure they were never labeled. I think he was wise. I did the same with my children. NO LABELS PLEASE!

Best Answer

This is gonna be super condensed, but it will get you started. Keep in mind that there are many other stances depending on what you believe.

Answer the following questions:

Do you know/claim to know that a deity/deities exist? If yes you are a Gnostic, if not you are an Agnostic.

Do you have an active belief in a deity/deities? if yes you are a theist (non religious in your case). If not you are and atheist.

--Gnostic Theists are mostly religious people. They claim to know that their deity exist and they have an active belief.

--Agnostic Theists are those who believe that there is a higher power, but do not claim to know that it is.

--Gnostic Atheists are those who claim that a deity or deities do not exist and therefore lack belief.

--Agnostic Atheists are those, like me, that do not have an active belief in a deity or deities, but do not claim to know whether a deity exists or not.

--Undecided are those who have not made their mind to what they believe. These are not to be confused with Agnostics.

Best Answer

It really depends upon what your beliefs are, personally I am deist. I believe in a Higher Power/Universal Intelligence, but do not subscribe to any particular religious belief.

Best Answer

You are agnostic if you believe in god but don't follow a specific relgion. You are atheist if you have no belief in god. From experience, i know of many people who go to church but who are total hippocrites as to what spirituality is. They focus more on the rituals and superficial issues instead of actually being there to help with true issues at hand, poverty, etc. They focus more on belittling those around them , than being there to be with god. God to me stands for the good overpowering diviness which can flow out from us all if we let it.Helping the needy, fundraising for cancer, whatever way people can pitch in to help for the good of the sufferring desperate people out there.Religion is not a necessary piece of giving god's love to those who need it.

Best Answer

You are called a Human Being as we are all. What defines us is what we all become as humans. Evil and Good is the actions that we desire to perform in our lives to either destroy, or protect people. The choices we make have consequences and we will have to deal with them. Whether you believe, attend a church, or follow a religion which can also be a cult (depending on the degree); matters to he who is the judge. I don't define people by their religious background, or belief. I define people by their actions in this life. Good people who do good things for others are in my book, of what God wants in this earth. I see what is out there too many hippocrits using Gods word in vain. I'm talking about people I know (none from here). There are also, very healthy, Christians, Jews, Protestants, Baptist, and other Religions that have true and faithful believers in their God. They too! have a purpose in this life that they take very serious. I myself believe in my God; but I know that if you don't believe as of now. Someday who knows when there will be a time when you will consider the idea to read and learn about him. The rule to believe in God is open to you until you die. May you live a long life with love as God want's it to be.

Best Answer

I agree with Starthistle and would add that if you do believe in God but don't follow a religion then I think you could call yourself a Deist.

Best Answer

If you believe in some kind of god but no particular religion, I'd guess you're non-sectarian or just spiritual. If you're not sure if there's a god or not, you're agnostic. If you're sure there is no god, you're an atheist.

Best Answer

Non-religious or athiest.

Best Answer

Agnostic, I think. Just be happy and bring joy to others.

If you decide to ask God,who he is, he will tell you.

Remember ask Him, not anyone else. There are crazy people out there.

Best Answer

@honeysuckle23 - yeah, it's a religion. I think religion's can be categorized by the numbers of people that have been killed on behalf of whatever god the religion reverences, with zero being "inconsequential" and 10 being "Dear god, please protect us from your followers!"

For example:

Cathars: 0

Zoroastrianists: 2

Christians: 10+

Best Answer

Spiritually independent?

Best Answer

I think it's an atheist....

I just say I don't believe in god if someone asks though..

Best Answer

FALSE CHRISTIANS ARE RELIGIOUS REAL CHRISTIANS ARE NOT ONLY DOERS BUT BELVERS IN THE ONLY WILL GOD HAS THAT IS SOW TO THE FRUITS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT SUCH AS LOVE AND ACCEPTANCE AND HONESTY. FALSE PEOPLE DO NOT RELIZE THAT IF THEY SEE ANY ONE BREAK THE LAW THEY HATE THAT PERSON AND HATE IS OF THE DEVIL. YOU ARE A TRUE CHRISTIAN THEY ARE WOLVES IN SHEEPS CLOTHING. THEY ACT NICE BUT INSIDE THEY ARE FILLED WITH HATE.

Best Answer

nothing happens.

you're a person.

sorry guys, christianity is a religion.

Best Answer

i agree with mytruthonanysubject,+dont belong to anyones catagorised belief system,nor feel any need to.i believe our relationship(or not)with God is personal to each one of us,+its not neccessary to pick anothers interpretation as a badge or whatever.why should anothers views on God be held as a yardstick when you have your own lifes experiences to learn from?i think i live my life more in accord with good intent than most who label themselves christian,+am happy to be judged by my actions.you can call yourself what you will or wont,its how you live your life that will be measured.its the only consideration neccessary,+its totally fair.

Best Answer

I am a christian but I don't consider it a religion..........I follow God. Simple as that. i don't believe in all the different religions because I believe their is only one God. Now if you want catergorzie religion, anything could be made into a religion, eating, drinking, watching tv, what ever you idolize you make it a religion.

Best Answer