I live in the US and mental illnesses are not always handled well. I was curious if other nations had problems with kids affected by autism and attention deficit disorder and what is the normal treatment? Are your schools full of children on ritalin and antipsychotics?
bgirl1116 bgirl1116 31-35, F 7 Answers Dec 21, 2012 in Health

I think that kids who are/were abused and/or neglected and never receive the help they need would grow up to become drug addicts, murderers, psychopaths, etc. <br />
When it comes to people who have the ability to help others but choose not to do so, they are only making things worse for other people and themselves.

Best Answer

Here in Australia , mental health services have been so badly eroded over the last few decades , that we have a great many affected people receiving less than adequate care, a far too high number of which , are in sub-standard housing , or ,worse still , on the street . . Sadly , it is often the police who have first contact with troubled people , on occasion with tragic results . It would be grossly unfair to criticize police for these tragic incidents , as they are NOT trained health professionals . Frankly , the state of mental care in Australia is an outrage,and i can't see it improving any time soon ,but that's just my opinion , and i'm sure others will disagree.

Best Answer