I live in San Francisco. It's only 7 x 7 miles (in length and width). That said, people are piled on each other so there was a slight probably I could potentially run into my ex. I saw him tonight on while driving back home from work. It's only been three weeks since we parted. What the? I literally took a double-take, and found myself certain of one thing... he's still wearing that same jacket. It's hideous, rough, and doesn't fit. Suits him perfectly. He also was a woman. My curiosity was piqued, considering. Anyway, I was stunned and shouted out "James?".He stopped while his date kept walking. So awkward. He was so cavalier (as if it was the first time meeting). "How's it going?" "Are you doing o.k?" It was only a few minutes of meaningless conversation (albeit. blood was almost shed). Not really blood. I just wanted to rip the indifference of his face.
lifeissostrang lifeissostrang 36-40, F 9 Answers Apr 2 in Dating & Relationships

Just looked away.

Best Answer

Wish I did. I just couldn't seem to believe my own eyes. If there is a 'next time', I will do my best to look away. If I can't manage that, I'll attempt looking through him like a piece of Saran Wrap, and if that doesn't work, I'll poke my eyeballs out with hot coals. In the meantime, remind me to never get into another romantic/intimate relationship now and again... Thank you : )

Best Answer

Sorry to hear that. But don't give up on relationships. That man just does not deserve you. I have had similar experiences when I said "I love you." to my ex. She just looked away. Hence I felt looking away is the best solution. Because that gesture will really hurt.

Best Answer

I live in Sorrento (Italy) that is 2,5 x 1,5 miles.....and just experience it everyday.

Best Answer

Flashed a few smiles then went on my merry way....

Best Answer

I used to be able to do that. This time, I put it all out there. Might as well have given him a fork to eat my heart with. I miss the merry way...

Best Answer

Yes, it's been a recent breakup for you so that's even harder...sorry for your pain....

Best Answer

Sorry I wrote so much. My mind is spinning at the moment.

Best Answer

Chatted with them...

Best Answer

That would be a very reasonable response. I'm not even close to handling it like that. It wasn't even a few months ago that we were talking about marriage and moving in together. So "chatting with them" is not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Best Answer

I understand.

Best Answer