IrwinFletcher IrwinFletcher 31-35, M 18 Answers Aug 2, 2012 in Politics

No, it does not. It just means you like their chicken sandwiches more than you would like to not support a company that is.

Best Answer

Bout as much as buying petrol does.

Best Answer

No, but it does mean you're supporting a company that is. You're putting money into the pockets of people who speak out publicly and lobby Senators, Congressmen, and other officials to perpetuate the status quo, which is this: Two consenting adults cannot receive the same legal and societal stature for their relationships if they are the wrong sexual orientation. That is wrong and so is supporting it. I would never give Chick Fil A a dime of my money. Ever. It does not make your thoughts anti-gay but it does make your actions anti-gay. Or at the least, pro anti-gay. They say actions speak louder than words. What I say is "Money talks and bullshit walks." The way to support a company that helps create an environment where certain people are encouraged feel inferior to others or where full equality is something to be feared is to give them your money.<br />
Is that what you want to do? Is that cool with you? Then go ahead and enjoy your chicken. I just hope you realize what it truly cost.

Best Answer

Too some people you are and some people you aren't. Doesn't matter what everyone thinks. I was more than happy to wait 30 minutes for chick fillets deliciousness.

Best Answer

Personally, I don't want anyone to EVER see me going into that joint. I have dear gay friends and sweet little grandchildren...their sexual preferences are yet to be discovered, I don't support bigotry! I am a Mother and Grandmother, a "sort" of female elder in my community, I have to set an example and refuse to buy this product.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

I think it does. Because every time you spend money there, you are giving money to Gay hate groups.You are guilty by association. There food isn't very good anyway. Find a new chicken place if you are, in fact, not anti-gay.

Best Answer

I have to admit, I think this train of thought is so closed minded and dangerous. We are a great society because we DO have so many differences. Embrace difference, learn from it. Guilty by association? I have no affiliation with the company. I appreciate that I can disagree with the owner but still enjoy the product without feeling guilt.

Best Answer

Do you know that one of the organizations he gives money to purpose is to kill and imprison gays in Africa? Do you really want that on your conscious?

Best Answer

It would be different if he simply said he was against homosexuality and all that. It is the level in which he supports hate groups that is disturbing. If it was the KKK he was supporting, would you still want to eat there?

Best Answer

I actually feel the exact opposite. I think the train of thought that just because I am not anti gay doesn't mean I can't eat at an establishment funding anti gay movements is similar to the Germans turning a blind eye to the Nazi's as they slowly made changes to the point they didn't even notice the Jews burning in the ovens.

Best Answer

I would need to see that as a fact because I would not believe that until I saw it with my eyes. Hearsay is damaging. I have a hard time believing that a so called christian would imprison someone for his sexuality.

Best Answer

there are a lot of so called Christians using God's good name for the path of Power. Look at, oh, almost every war. Killing and imprisoning in the name of God is not a new concept. Look at the witch trials, the crusades, the indiginous people of any country the Spanish invaded, in the name of God and Christianity. Just because someone THINKS they are a Christian, doesn't mean they are. Just do your research before you make up your mind. Because negligence is just as bad as hearsay. :-)

Best Answer

Negligent: Failing to take proper care in doing something.
I enjoy a good debate as I like to learn from people who view things different than me. I don't see how continuing to buy a product I enjoy is "failing to take proper care in doing something". Personally, I am torn on this subject of Gay Marriage but for different reasons than most. I am actually FOR equal rights regardless or color, sexual orientation, etc. My beef with this whole thing is government intrusion.
Marriage was based on a religious act, covenant, service, bonding, ritual, or joining. I don't see why ANYONE needs a government license when there should be a separation of church and state. Frankly, if there should be anything, and let's face it, this is strictly for revenue, then EVERYONE, gay,straight, who the **** cares, should file for some sort of civil union license for the purposes of benefits, health insurance coverage, etc. Make it even across the board. Get rid of the word marriage out of the whole thing because I think that is what upsets people the most as it refers to some sort of religious connotation. I think as long as everyone had equality, people would be happier and it wouldn't offend people with differing religious beliefs.

Best Answer

I agree with you there! Back in the turn of the century (and I believe before that even) 2 women were aloud to join together in what was called a Boston marriage. It was essentially two women who for whatever reason never married (aka unmarriagable or unwilling) would have a civil union in which they would share the responsibilities of life. It wasn't romantic in nature (although I am sure it happened). The truth is, it really isn't anyone elses business who two adults want to share their lives with. Marriage used to be arranged and sex wasn't really a factor in that. Sex is no one elses business. How many straight people do kinky things but it is ok because they are straight? It is nobodies business.Sex and marriage are really two different issues... I am rambling. But anyway, I totally agree with you on this above statement!

Best Answer

This issue makes about as much sense as if the guy would have said he only drove Ford's because Chevy's are a piece of crap. It would have pissed off a bunch of Chevy owners if it would have ever gotten in the papers ... but in the end WHO CARES!!!! ... It's the guy's personal choice. Man alive when we are all forced to think alike, talk alike, all be politically correct so as not to offend anyone ... that is when I want to get off this giant spinning rock

Best Answer

Did you know they also fired a woman, so she could be a stay at home mom....<br />
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/brenda-honeycutt-chick-fil-a-sues-gender-discrimination_n_1709645.html

Best Answer

What do you care

Best Answer

I eat at Chick-Fil-A because I like the food. Not because of the owner's personal values, opinions, views or practices. Not because of my own personal values, opinions, views or practices. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Best Answer

Some people would think that, but honestly I don't care. I will still go there. Everyone (even businesses) can have their own opinion. They are a christian owned company, if they said they supported gays, then they would have lost a lot more business.

Best Answer