indosavior indosavior 18-21, M 8 Answers Sep 4 in Community

that happens every generation

Best Answer

And the cycle repeats? My time will come to i'm assuming

Best Answer

but, that's not reality. Younger generations are rude.

Best Answer

What if elders are jackasses and expect special treatment because they're old and forget that times, morals, and mores change?

Best Answer

I've considered that as well. Most of the older folk come from the baby boomer generation which has been characterized by special treatment and entitlement

Best Answer

But i'm still going to attribute the difference in views according to shifts in social obligations and their inability to adapt to the changing world. I guess thats one way of looking at it

Best Answer

That's kind of exactly what I said, but sure.

Best Answer

Well the last part but yay on ending amicably

Best Answer

When you're young, your peers are inclined to treat you well because you all have to get along to make a better society. As you get older, the new generations don't need to have the same levels of altruism with you because you're not required to get along. Theres not enough social obligation

Best Answer

So what, we'll stick 'em with the bill anyhow.

Best Answer

I might say it was a backlash. After all the elders are fairly well taken care of much of the older generation had pensions, social security up until the recent economic downturn paid fairly well, medicaid took care of most of their health issues. My state offers them breaks on property taxes etc. Yet they CRY to anyone within ear shot of FIXED INCOME and THE ELDERLY GET TREATED TERRIBLE. Only so long people are willing to listen to nonsense before they discover it is an attempt at brain washing.

Best Answer

Who gives an rats asss

Best Answer

I think elders deserve some respect. They know more and deserve some deference.

Best Answer