And that if we focused on healing the inner wounds our bodies will heal automatically?
phoebe55 phoebe55 46-50, F 5 Answers Dec 8, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Some sickness is psychosomatic like that, some isnt

Best Answer

First, we should come up with a term other than "soul wounds," so we can take it seriously. (: The soul, if there is such a thing, is divine, and it is therefor whole and perfect. To heal the body, heal the mind. If that isn't working for you, go to the doctor.

Best Answer

We are not our bodies. The body just does what the mind tells it, so it follows that illness comes from the mind.

Best Answer

I agree with you Tummytocker. Hey, did you make your user name from the little diddy, "Little Tommy Tucker, sang for his supper"?

Best Answer

Yeah. Someone already had Tommy Tucker.....!

Best Answer

Certainly physical symptoms can come from "soul wounds", but it seems to work in ways such as wearing down one's adrenal system and unfortunately healing the soul wound, does NOT automatically heal the adrenals.

Best Answer

Are you sure about that? Have you tried it? I struggled with weight all my life. When I really got serious about dealing with inner issues, I dropped over 80 lbs, without changing diet or excercise. My body automatically maintained good weight for over a year, and I was eating anything I chose to eat. I had an emotional set back when a close friend betrayed me and slowly the weight began creeping on again. within 5 months I had gained 25 lbs. When I finally, found my friend and spoke my peice and was able to let it go, the weight is dropping again. Is this coincidence? I plan on researching on myself and notice if my weight continues to flucuate when I hold onto painful stuff. Is the extra weight on my middle actually the extra weight of junk I no longer need to hold onto?

Best Answer

I have been in counseling off and on throughout my life. I am not aware of having anything left to work on emotionally, but I certainly still have health challenges. My diabetes didn't just disappear and I still have neuropathy and retinopathy and other such things.
I am glad to hear about your success with your weight, but that is a different matter, because overeating is often emotionally driven, thus working on the emotions ends the overeating which ends being overweight.

Best Answer

That's the thing, I have never been an overeater.

Best Answer

I am happy that it worked for you and if you have a specific suggestion that might help me, I am always checking out alternative approaches that might help my health, but I'm at an impasse as far as how to do any more emotional healing, if that is indeed what I still need.

Best Answer

For myself, because I always have had to "work on something". I am now learning to just listen to myself. When I feel Dis-ease I recognize that somewhere I am not being true to me. I have a hard time speaking up when someone says or does something disrespectful to me. I tend to let things slide, well, at least on the outside, but when I listen carefully to myself I realize that on the inside it is still bothering me and I don't value myself enough to speak up. As I'm learning to be and do what I need for me. I feel healthier and stronger. I'm not sure that all this is related but it surely makes me wonder. Does nature really give us every answer we need and we just forgot how to find the answers? I just know that since I have been focusing more on my reactions to things etc. My diabetes is gone. My chronic fatgue, insomnia, abnormal cells that were found in my marrow, all gone. no trace. My fibro is still reacting. and I still have back and hip issues. I don't know, But I plan on continuing my journey to complete healing.

Best Answer

I am familiar with what you are talking about. That's exactly what I was doing before I become so ill almost two years ago. lol Regardless, I do believe it has value in reducing stress and that alone helps a lot of conditions.

Best Answer

Would be nice but it doesnt happen

Best Answer

Have you tried it? Have you uncovered old inner wounds and healed them and found that your physical health has improved? Have you noticed that when you feel sick, old wounds come up? Could it be that nature has provided us with a perfect balance of health, but we, the human race, have for gotten how to keep the balance.

Best Answer

Things like cancer MS parkinsons etc etc? Nah they need proper treatment

Best Answer

Oh, I'm not saying stop treatment. I'm saying include inner healing as part of the treatment.

Best Answer

Oh right... then I kinda agree :-)

Best Answer