it was like never meant to mean a maiden , and to retaliate women demanded virgin males.. absurd ? alarmed?
in10RjFox in10RjFox 46-50, M 4 Answers Jul 10, 2012

Umm... no that's not what it meant. It's from the old french and meant unmarried or chaste girl.<br />
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=virgin

Best Answer

so you obey the dictionary, than common sense ?

Best Answer

I'm sorry. What? If you want to make up your own history don't call it common sense. If you want to know what the word originally meant, then etymology is what you require.

Best Answer

your own reference has it.. "a marriageable girl," obviously they won't let an impotent marry.. and it makes no reference to male.. and we all know Gyn refers to gals.. so isn't virgyn more clear .. than virgin ?

Best Answer

'potent' is your own construction - it's not in the word or its origins. You can't just take a meaning like 'marriageable' and create associations and imply that's what the word meant. It emerged from Latin, where it already had been clearly defined.

Best Answer

if that's your blind belief it can't be helped. Some fool says it is from Latin and puts it in a dictionary, we can too make our own dictionary for future. OR did they already know that once they put it up in a dictionary you will stop thinking or asking questions, and you will slap anyone who thinks by dumping the dictionary on to the person.

So what is "Vir" in Virus, Virtuous etc. according to you ?

Best Answer

No, not a blind belief - based on historical documentary evidence beginning in Latin with a traceable trail through to English. Where do your wacky ideas come from?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginity#Etymology
Let me know if there are any big words you don't understand. I mean seriously - you spout this stuff with no evidence and then decide to act arrogant? Prove it or shut up.

Best Answer

So all I need to do is to create a dictionary or etymology online and send a link .. so I become authority in future.

So if an idiot in the past creates a document for his foolishness and idiocy, we need to obey that for ever as future, and should never use common sense or use our brains... and blindly rely on history, which can be created or manipulated by anyone...

So I just need to create stuff put in a library.. and open it after 50 years and use it as history...

Best Answer

Oh!.. so you are an expert in English.. and I can check with you for any big word...

So tell me what is this suffix 'ure' in words puncture, juncture, fixture, nature and so on...

Best Answer

Since you've offered zero support, arguments or evidence for your case, that's what your score is - zero.
-ure = yes, i know what it means but it's completely irrelevant. What's the point of defining it or any dialogue with you if you prefer your fertile imagination ('common sense' in your parlance) to etymology, history of language and accepted definitions?

Best Answer

hahahaah... so you escape by taking this route? .... and who made you an authority to evaluate and offer marks?

The evidence is right in the word itself.. that it was virgyn .. and more meaningful as a standalone word..

So you look for evidence and proof to even peel a banana ?

Best Answer

whatever one knows just don't forget that MEN are everywhere...as menopause, menstruation woMEN etc

Best Answer

hahahaaha...

Best Answer

Well, I like the idea.

Best Answer