I love him but he's too different. He's got different ideas about the world, different prorieties and he doesn't undestand a lot of mine. And he lives in a different country. I can't kill the pain. I made a rational decision and have to stick to it. But it's so hard. We were together for year when i realised it's wrong for us to be together. I miss him. Or maybe i miss the person i wanted him to be. It's been a year now since we separated and I still find myself hurting.
AineFromAstolat AineFromAstolat 22-25, F 16 Answers Mar 26, 2010

I have a very similar situation going on here. I had to cry a bit for a while. It just takes time, I think. But part of you may always feel a connection to him. It would be good if you could be friends.... at least you could still express some version of love for him that way. But sometimes that can be too difficult if you can't tone down the feeling of being IN love. <br />
The man that I love has turned out to be someone hurtful. I am glad you aren't having that same experience. With you, it will probably be easier, since he has also cared for you.<br />
Best wishes.<br />
: )

Best Answer

Try to put it of your mind. I like a girl so much in just 2 days time, i live in Belgium and she lives in Canada, so that's ridiculous. It was like a chocolat cookie but you may not touch it. She has so much in common with me. Yeah, now i understand why is love so painfull.

Best Answer

Well i'm on the same boat. But it's more complicated then what your dealing with.. Personally the best thing i have to say it Time is the best healer, and this too shall pass. Those two sayings always get me threw the tough times no matter how tough and painful it is.

Best Answer

I am in a situation where the guy I loved with all my heart was talking to other women..never satisfied with our life...we were together for four years..he raised my daughter as his own..loves her still..I broke it off cause I was hurting so much..couldn't even tell him. I'm swing someone new..but it's nothing close to what I feel for this guy.. I am torn..new guy is patient, loving and the perfect guy..seriously looks like Thor! But I'm missing my ex so much..it's a daily struggle! Good luck to you my dear..

Best Answer

I know :( You just bear it....

Best Answer

Just have to try and find a way to make it work, if not you have to let it go even if letting go isn't right sometimes its the only way.

Best Answer

I also understand how you feel. Honestly the way I dealt with it probably wasn't very healthy. First I had a major breakdown and was suicidal. Then I shoved all the pain down where I could ignore it most of the time and told myself that if we were meant to be together, eventually we would be. And I lived off of that hope.<br />
Eventually enough time passed that I married someone else, but truthfully my love for guy "a" is still there, along with every ounce of pain. I still work very hard to keep it from surfacing.<br />
I know I haven't been much help, but I wish you comfort and peace in your heart.

Best Answer

I was with someone for almost ten years, I knew I loved them, but could not be with them, so I left. It was painful, but after a year, I am ok. It was a tough year , though

Best Answer

I'm sorry you're in so much pain!<br />
(((((BIG HUGS)))))

Best Answer

You might just have to move on, really, it sounds as if there are more cons and pros in that situation...ease yourself out of it, meet someone new.

Best Answer

Tell me about it :(<br />
I know what you're going through.

Best Answer