floatingintheocean floatingintheocean 26-30, F 13 Answers Nov 23, 2012 in Hobbies

The university has been my life - or at least until I took early retirement some 8 years ago. My student days were close to the best days of my life. Following a terrible childhood of loneliness and low self steem, backgrounded by a domestic violence context, university loomed like a liberation. Of the mind, of the body, of my self. I determined to try any way I could to never leave. I succeeded. After graduate school I was lucky enough to obtain a succession of academic jobs in teaching & research which continued until I pulled the pin. However, even now on The Scrapheap I still research and write, addicted to those wonderful liberating skills and the chemical buzz that comes with new discoveries. So, the hugest impact on me of anything that has taken place in my life.

Best Answer

I loved uni. I was living away from home for the first time and truly becoming an independent adult which is exciting. I did subjects I had a real interest in not subjects that I thought might get me a job (I never much thought about what I would do after uni). I joined clubs and made great friends that have lasted for over 20 years now. Although I never went on to work in the industry I studied (I did a science degree with a major in meteorology) university really helps you to learn how to learn. It gives you a whole lot of skills beyond just the academic knowledge you accumulate. Some of the best years of my life were my university years.

Best Answer

It's not tough, though at times, it's a bit of a challenge. I'm studying architecture and I enjoy it :)

Best Answer

have my college bestfriends which r very cool guys^ ^, my degree certificate and ... a picture with toga :)

Best Answer

I learned a great deal about myself, where my strengths, and weaknesses are. The ability to analyze a situation and think critically about it.

Best Answer

Being Special or OE (over educated)

Best Answer

I learned that I like to paint.

Best Answer

It filled my house for many years sending kids there...and here I am again having the nephew do it :)

Best Answer