It need not only be something personal...it could be news item or an incident which happened to somebody else.
mustbnemi mustbnemi 41-45, M 10 Answers Dec 7, 2012 in Religion

When the preists started molesting children. Why would god allow this?

Best Answer

I know a guy on youtube, some may know him, his name is Seth or TheThinkingAtheist. For him, it was during 9/11. He worked at a Christian radio station and people came to him to ask him to make a prayer for those who were suffering, at that moment he realized he was kidding himself and that it was a waste of time. God doesn't answer prayers, it is our responsibility to take control of our lives and actions.

Best Answer

Few personal losses which were very dear to me shook my faith momentarily but I consoled myself by accepting some lines said by someone: God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.<br />
And after this,I was healed no matter agnostic or atheist say this irrational or illogical but feelings have nothing to do with logic and one has to experience this before discarding this fact.

Best Answer

I don't believe in fairytales so.........

Best Answer

What happens in a fairytale?

Best Answer

Read the bible!

Best Answer

So you are an atheist or an agnostic...:-)

Best Answer

Atheist

Best Answer

none . . . God is . . . despite what happens . . .

Best Answer

Mah'lady, the question is not whether there is god or not...but what incidents....

Best Answer

ok . . . NO incident or news have shaken my faith in God . . .

Best Answer

Knowing you, I believe that...:-)

Best Answer

I've always been skeptical. Religion has always been used as a means to keep down the working class Republican politicians fake being religious so ignorant americans will vote for them we dems are smarter than that we won't be fooled by that

Best Answer

The question is not whether there is god or not ot who is fooling whom, but what incidents....:-)

Best Answer

Nothing ever has, actually :/<br />
People bring awful violence on themselves *and others* by their failure to punish the dangerous and criminal of society. Natural disasters are just that - *natural*. They happen, it's sad, but it's no more God's fault than yours or mine.

Best Answer

Interesting that you mention God's "fault".....do you pray daily? And with what intention do you pray?

Best Answer

Yeah, I do. Mostly I ask for God to intervene and help people who are having a hard time and our country, stuff like that. Obviously there's no real way to measure my effect... But it never hurts to ask.

Best Answer

Honest answer...thanks

Best Answer

Welcome!

Best Answer

Once i became old enough to research on my own. I am now atheist

Best Answer

Thats one life-choice I guess!

Best Answer

I never had any to begin with. I was born an atheist.

Best Answer

The question's wording itself excludes atheists and even agnostics...:-)

Best Answer

Oh well, I answered it anyway.

Best Answer