Questionator Questionator 26-30 88 Answers Jul 10, 2012

Question of the Day

I think for me it's just the joy of seiing you helped somebody and did something good. People who helped others have always inspired me and I think I want to be more like them that's why I try to do as best as I can to help in any kind of way. It just feels good to go to bed and think about a day knowing you might have changed something and did something good.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

I volunteer 2-3days a week at my local neighbourhood centre, to help my community help those less fortunate, this can be done easily and at the end of the day I know that I have contributed to help a person in need.

Many people just need a place where they can be listen to without being judged on who they are

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

Helping children to learn, through Boy Scouts and church projects. Children are an inspiration all their own. Teaching them, through acts and manners, helps them become better citizens. A lot of children don't have a male authority figure and I provide them one for a short period of time, anyway.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

Knowing that at one time I was in their shoes and that I could easily be there again. I help because I know it matters.

Best Answer

A lot of people these days make me not want to help anyone.

Best Answer

My hometown and school made me who I am. So I give back, every day, in some way, not just because my kids are part of it now, but because I feel I owe a part of who I am to the community, teachers, coaches, and others.

Best Answer

My Christian background and there are so many in need. It's amazing how much we take for granted. Not the exact quote from the Bible, but basically, To whom much is given, much is expected". I can't place it at this exact moment, but I do know in 1Peter 4 it states "Be hospitable to one another, without complaint". Everyone needs assistance now and then and for some reason the ones that need it the most have to much pride to ask for it. I don't vounteer near as much as I really could or should..

Best Answer

Love for fellow humans.

Best Answer

To do something for the greater good. Assisting those in need of service when no one else will step up to the plate.

Best Answer

It's selfish but it's a way to deal with depression. I don't do it often enough. It puts my own problems into perspective, I help someone else out, and it keeps me busy.

Best Answer

I want to have those I help feel better about themselves enough to the point where they are able to make a change in theirself or their life.

I am a very positive motivated person and I listen to and read a lot from motivational people. One of my favorite quotes is by inspirational motivational speaker/writer Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. I live by this quote:

"Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change."

To volunteer with this thought allows me to give unconditionally. I volunteer because I come from a place of no expectations or preconceived return. I just do.

It is in the giving that we receive true inspiration.

Juner

Best Answer

I do not like the word volunteer. It always makes me think I just got myself into a job as a practice target for a firing squad.

I do not volunteer.

I do, however, work for things that I think are right - for my town, my country, and myself.

Best Answer

Being of service to those in need

Best Answer

All the mistakes I made... Karma...forgivness...

Best Answer

Knowing that I may make a difference in someone's life. Knowing that I can lighten someone's load. Knowing that someone has helped me before when I was close to being homeless and very scared about what to do...Knowing that but there for the grace of some higher power, goeth I ...So many reasons to volunteer...Empathy and humanity are but two more...

Best Answer

For a whole lot of years, I was very poor, raising three little girls with no help from the deadbeat dad. I got a lot of help from people in the community. Volunteering is my way of paying it forward.

Best Answer

My love for helping people

Best Answer

I volunteered for the NAVY when I was younger. Then I found out NAVY stands for Never Again Volunteer Yourself.

Best Answer

Whether or not the foundation I work with is "clean".

Best Answer

A loaded shotgun. Otherwise, I'm walking out.

Best Answer