Title and Author please And why it is so good?? :) You can also name one even if it wasn't exactly life changing but just really good :)
laleee laleee 26-30, F 21 Answers Feb 25 in Doing Good

Martin Heidegger's Being and Time ! It was the

greatest philosophy book of the 20th century ! German existentialism ! Genius !

Best Answer

dune by frank herbert. its a sci fi, but i loved just about everything in that book, and the perspective it brought me about my life and choices still affects me

Best Answer

I only read God Emperor of Dune and another Herbert book. Both amazing.

Best Answer

everyone told me not to read past the first one because the rest were only meh

Best Answer

I saw the movie when I was a kid, I thought God Emperor of Dune was a weird tangent for the story to have gone in. The other one was The Dosadi Experiment.

Best Answer

I love to read, but i never read a book that changed my life other than leading to me to other books I enjoyed. People probably made me, not books

Best Answer

Genealogy of Morals. Fredrich Nietzsche. I think that was the first bit of philosophy I read and it blew my mind, challenged a lot of assumptions I had.

Best Answer

Honestly I never dared to really read Nietzsche his complicated phrashing put me off....

Best Answer

It is complicated, but that's what I enjoy about it. I also like that he was catatonic by the end of his life. He see's a horse being beaten in Italy an went to bits. A fascinating guy.

Best Answer

I love "Odd Thomas" by Dean Koontz. I think there are 7 or 8 books in the series now and I have read them all.

Best Answer

the child called it..very sad but great book

Best Answer

The Fault in our Start, by John Green

Best Answer

Wizards First Rule, by Terry Goodkind. Behind the story, which is very good, there are some very important lessons in morality and ways to live and think.

Best Answer

airman by eoin colfer, taught me no matter what get back up on your feet because people need ya

Best Answer

The Child Called It. I don't know who it's by but it is a true story and it as 3 books after that one.

Best Answer

Skeptics and True Believers, authored by Chet Raymo, Walker and Company press. Actually the book happens to be at my side as of this very moment. I purchased it in year 1998, and must have read it easily 30 times. There's always something new to ponder with this excellent book.

Best Answer

Desert Flower - waris dirie

I just realized how lucky I am to born in a city where every facility is available including electricity/water/shelter/hospitals/good food etc etc.. which we do not appreciate.. just because we easily get them and still worry about what we don't have.

Best Answer

I read it when I was a teen and I didn't even know fgm existed.... extremely important book!

Best Answer

Autobiography of a Yogi - Paramhansa Yogananda..

Changed the way I look at the world...

Best Answer

"Flatland" by Edwin Abott Abott.

It's a mathematical fantasy-land told in the perspective of a two dimensional figure trying to understand the three dimensional world. It has little to do with math directly--but it is, inherently, about math--about being open to the possibility of four dimensions. It's available online to read for free.

Best Answer

That's one of those books I read a lot about years ago but never actually read. But the whole concept of a two-dimensional world just flies in the face of reality as I see it I probably wouldn't enjoy it. The physical world is 3-dimensional, we are 3-dimensional, and by the very mode of our existence there cannot exist a 2-dimensional world except in some abstract fantasy. A line or a plane without a third dimension sounds intriguing, but it simply doesn't exist in any reality that we can experience, if at all

Best Answer

We can't say that for sure. Flatlanders aren't 100% two dimensional. They have minimal thickness, so thin that it's almost not noticeable. For all we know, we could be slightly four dimensional. In fact, we might be slightly 10 dimensional, the 11th being time. Look up Calabi-Yau manifolds, 10/11-dimension theory, String theory, multiverse, and M-theory, just to name a few.

Best Answer

Hmm--so Flatland ISN'T actually 2-dimensional, it's 3-dimensional? Interesting

Best Answer

Flatland is *essentially* two dimensional; the same way a thin wire appears one dimensional from afar--we can perceive its length, but not so much depth or width. A thicker wire from afar looks two dimensional--length, width, but no apparent depth due to the depth being so small for us to register. In the same way, Flatland has a 3rd dimension... like amoeba on slides.

Best Answer

That's just semantics, though.

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure The Jungle by Upton Sinclair left the biggest impact on me. It opened me up to just how destructive unregulated capitalism can be

Best Answer

Cosmos by Carl Sagan. It's 34 years old and still amazing. I have finally found my religion.

Best Answer

Saganism.
I dig it.

Best Answer

that's exactly the word I thought of before you mentioned it....wow

Best Answer

Zadig by Voltaire

Best Answer

The Bible. No other book sparks up more debate. ;3

Best Answer

Monster. The autobiography of an l.a. gang member.

Best Answer

Nice. That was a good read.

Best Answer