gypsygirly gypsygirly 26-30, F 29 Answers May 27, 2010

You can get them a cheap cellphone, but you need to ask for a plan that allow you to monitor your kids, pretty much like parental control, you can set their limits so they won't run over or if you don't want any of those features

Best Answer

yes, a child, should have a cell phone, just like the elderly, need, their life lines, around their necks...to be used, for emergencies...and, to check in with their parents, and, have their responsible parents, check up, on them...look at that little girl, who, was hiding, in her bed, while her house was being broken into...she stayed on her cell phone, being reassured, by the 911 operator, until the police came.

there should be no texting,unless among parents, and siblings, or internet features, available.

simple, and cheap, and with limited capabilities.

Best Answer

Why would an 11 year old need a cell phone?

Best Answer

The non-existent kind. An 11-year-old doesn't need a cell phone.

Best Answer

Eleven year olds deserve a phone. Age eleven is a responsible age to have one.eleven year can use them for emergancys and sometimes they need to get a hold of a parent.a good phone for an eleven year old would probly be a simple touch screen.

Best Answer

Go on ebay

Best Answer

when your 11 year old kid askes you for a cell phone it isn't only for emergencies but also for texting their friends or calling them.you should then buy them a modern, though not too expensive phone.They will be happy and you will be rassured.Of course if the child is less than 8 you should probably buy them a phone specialised for children.

Best Answer

I rhink they are old enough to have one. And i think a Samsung because they are easy to use and not complicated at all

Best Answer

A simple cell phone with basic features and an emergency response system is very suitable for your child. One good example of it is the Just5 Easyphone. The basic features of the phone will limit the cell phone usage of the child as compared to giving him a cell phone with advanced features, which he can irresponsibly handle. As well, its emergency response system will enhance the safety of your child so you can be at peace even if he is away from your sight. This kind of phone offers more affordability as well—both in the phone units and cell phone plans.

Best Answer

None, when I was a child I never had a cell phone, that's what pay phones are for.

Best Answer

No Cell

Best Answer

A cheap one.

Best Answer

Maybe one from Kajeet then the parents can put in the controls and stuff like that.

Best Answer

IPHONE 5

Best Answer

i think you should get your 11 year old child a expensive phone if they are obedient. if they are not then get them a beeper. i think you shoukd get your child a samsung glaxy s4

Best Answer

A blackberry curve 9320 like my 11 years old son is getting

Best Answer

iphone4s

Best Answer

A blackberry

Best Answer

My daughter has a iPhone 3GS. I let her use it for emergency purposes. And i started her out with a cheap old flip phone and then when she mastered using that I gave her the iPhone 3GS.

Best Answer

Here is the problem...There are no pay phones any more unless you live in a large city. I do not want my 11 year old asking a stranger to use their phone. I work full time and I like knowing that I could get a hold of him if I was running late or for an emergency. Not to mention his crazy after school activity schedule. However, he does not have a cell phone yet. But when he does earn a cell phone it will have parental control and he will pay for it out of his monthly allowance. It worked with my older kids. You can not just give a kid a phone. The sense of entitlement is not something we need to encourage in this day and age.

Best Answer