B3lla01 B3lla01 46-50, F 15 Answers Apr 11, 2011

This may be too much info, but you DID ask...<br />
For an economy first pistol, I'd recommend a Smith & Wesson Sigma (Academy Sports has them for about $280 lately) in 9mm for general concealed carry or even for home defense. If money was no problem, I'd recommend a Glock 26 (I've seen them for about $550), because it fits a typical woman's hands pretty well. Both guns are relatively easy to clean and maintain, as long as you shoot quality ammo, like Winchester or Remington, which can both be found in most places. For my first handgun, a Sigma, I got some off-brand ammo and it didn't feed well. I thought there was something wrong with the gun itself. It was ok with good ammo and I've read bad reviews about several brands of cheap ammo, so don't do what I did before I knew better. <br />
Also, if you prefer a revolver, in 38 Special, for example, a Ruger LCR or Smith & Wesson 442 or 642 will both do the job well. The Ruger is probably a littlle cheaper (probably $500), but the Smith & Wesson (at or arround $550) might be a better long-term choice. All the handguns I mentioned are good choices for a new shooter or anyone wanting good self-defense hardware for home or concealed carry.<br />
You might want to check with your local Sheriff's office or local Police, to see if they can direct you to where you can take an intro course in firearm handling and safety. Do that and you won't regret it. They can tell you what the local laws are and even how to clean and maintain your new shooting iron. And, if you don't have one, you can probably borrow or rent one for not much. That might help you decide what is best for you, for carrying, concealing and most of all what is comfortable for you to shoot. :) What works for you is what really counts, isn't it?

Best Answer

wow thanks for all this great information!

Best Answer

I hope it helps. :)

Best Answer

Any 9mm automatic is perfect, they are all pretty lightweight and easy to shoot.

Best Answer

hand shakes*

Best Answer

yeah.. an automatic. lol

Best Answer

As already said, it depends on how she intends to use it. If she intends to carry a concealed weapon, then it needs to be reasonably compact and lacking in sharp edges. Most women who carry, carry in their pocketbook. Sig Sauer has a great semiautomatic handgun that is designed for this purpose and comes in a variety of models. 9 mm or .40 cal are probably good as they have stopping power, accuracy, and are light-weight.<br />
If she plans to carry concealed on her person, then it probably needs to be even smaller. Smith & Wesson has a small semiautomatic .380 ACP that can be worn in a variety of holders, is light, and is designed with mostly rounded edges, allowing it to be drawn without catching on clothes.<br />
If her primary concern is home protection then a completely different direction would be better -- a semiautomatic shotgun in 20-Gauge, loaded alternately with 00-Buckshot and Deer-Slugs. This weapon is good because it only needs to be pointed in the generally right direction but does not need to be aimed. It also allows a person to hide or lock herself into a room or closet and fire through the door or even through a drywall if necessary.<br />
If she has children in the home, extra care needs to be taken to ensure that children do not access a weapon without close supervision and that children are fully educated on firearm safety at an early age. I started teaching my children firearm safety at the age of five and taught them to shoot at the age of seven. I also made sure through stern lecture and demonstration that you NEVER point a gun at anyone or anything you do not want and intend to kill. <br />
A gun saved my life when I was a young teen, when I was faced with an armed home invasion. Contrary to SoftCoreBoy's hysterical fear-ridden comment, guns can be safely stored and used in the home, they can and do save lives, and are far more effective than a taser, which is useless against more than one person.

Best Answer

A ton of useful information. Thank you.

Best Answer

If its her first gun, a semi auto shotgun is probably not the best answer. Go with a pump so you still have some walls left.<br />
If I was you and wanted one for a purse or something. I would make it a little 22. You aren't trying to stop a car, get something small and light that you can aim good.<br />
I liked the range comment. Go and try some out. See what you like. You won't like the semi auto shotgun though. Not if you pop off 4 in a row.

Best Answer

Yes, you're right - I want some walls left lol. thank you this helps.

Best Answer

If you're worried about "overpenetration," then either 9mm or .40 should do the job for you. FBI &amp; local PDs use those calibers for just that reason.

Best Answer

I'm not a gun expert. But I do know that the basis for any kind of good self-defense is the right attitude. Before you buy a gun, read: The GIft of Fear by Gavin DeBecker.

Best Answer

Ok

Best Answer

yep, I agree with the man and woman...22 or 9...can't go wrong. Who's stalking you bella?

Best Answer

My house at the beach is vacant and I guess someone caught on to that and it has been broken into 3 times. The cops take so long to get there it's not funny. I'll be staying there for a few weeks to get it ready to rent so, I want to be protected when they come in.

Best Answer

CrazyAmelle, you're ******' hilarious.<br />
What's more effective is just wedging a key in your knuckles. If you get jumped than punch him in the groin.

Best Answer

a bazucca ak47 missel launchers

Best Answer

lol.

Best Answer

peacemaker

Best Answer

oooo pretty

Best Answer

The mini Glock.

Best Answer