kbarrios93 kbarrios93 18-21, F 14 Answers Oct 24, 2012 in Depression

Volunteer at a homeless shelter.

Best Answer

Well what I do is love and help others, so im motivatedby them

Best Answer

For me, I used to do it for someone else. Basically, I cared about the people I loved more than myself. Doing that, kept me alive for years. There was no way I'd take the easy way out because I knew they loved me, even if I didn't love myself. No way would I die with the guilt of leaving them confused and hurt for the rest of their life. There is enough pain in peoples lives without me adding to it. I knew getting up each day and doing what normal seeming people do, would keep them from worrying about me. Sounds crazy, but it worked for me.

Best Answer

If you are truly clinically depressed, a doctor is in order. Beyond medical help, just getting outside, even in the city, being aware, and moving around is a good thing to do. It can be tough. I know it firsthand.

Best Answer

What you have to keep in mind is that there needs to be a pay off. No one does anything for no reason. So motivators are different for different people. I use success. I accomplish something, no matter how small, and use that feeling of success to propel me to do something a little bigger and so on until soon I have a whole days worth of accomplishments behind me. Well, OK. Maybe just half a day, depending on how I'm doing. Depression is a struggle. You have to find what works for YOU and use it.

Best Answer

Step outside. Go for a walk. Sunshine is a natural mood booster. <br />
If you can't do that, help someone. Volunteer somewhere. <br />
Exercise. Stay away from junk and sugary foods.

Best Answer

at 30something i'm experiencing the same. I think the cure is to surround yourself with people... Interact more with others.

Best Answer

linking together enough small things they enjoy and things they need to take care of.It also depends on what they are depressed about.

Best Answer

Sorry.... I can't help with that one.... ( eats all the Halloween candy, popcorn, the cat )

Best Answer

some one to care about

Best Answer

when you find out, LET ME KNOW!

Best Answer