Someone thought it was narrow minded how I tried to protect my relationship from potential wreckers.
XxCupcakeLoverxX XxCupcakeLoverxX 26-30, F 8 Answers Aug 29, 2012 in Self Improvement

Learn to confidently say "screw you"! You cannot educate prejudice. Narrow-mindedness is driven by ignorance. The best option in my opinion is to simply not care what others think. Have the confidence to go your own way, with or without their approval.

Best Answer

someone thought I was narrow minded for trying to protect my relationship from potential home wreckers.

Best Answer

That seems pretty silly. It would be more abnormal NOT to protect your relationship from invasion!

Best Answer

You want to connect with the World..in safe way I suppose. Good. Being Narrow minded is not really a bad thing. But at times, it can prevent you from seeing the other side of the world. Well, you can probably try to socially change yourself. Be more cheerful and if you encounter a situation where you have previously not given a chance, try it. For example, you may want to step inside that store to see whats in there or maybe try speaking with someone who u usually dont speak to. The way to bring narrow mindedness to a low level, is being more friendlier..

Best Answer

Sounds like a good start.

Best Answer

pick your battles...do not let them pick you

Best Answer

I'm learning to toughen up

Best Answer

There's nothing narrow minded about protecting yourself unless you're doing it at someone else's expense. By the same token, you shouldn't need protection from an open mind.

Best Answer

Shut up and think...take in the "larger picture". Look from all angles. This is precisely what I do not do and I have worked to keep my mouth shut.

I cannot stop myself from forming an automatic opinion, but I CAN keep that opinion to myself until I have all of the facts and therefore .. change my outlook to result in a better reaction.

Best Answer

Break down all of your walls and be prepared for your opinions to be proven wrong, fight tooth and nail for what you believe is right and when it is all said and done, your new opinions will be stronger because they are likely things you could not come up with an argument against. The only problem is if you can't let go of the opinions you believe are right, even though they have been proven wrong, which you will do regardless, if you are protecting yourself you are closing yourself to any kind of open mindedness.

Best Answer

I see, so this will be difficult.

Best Answer

Yes. o.o

Best Answer