I'm not sure I quite understand what is meant by soul most of the time. Edit: It doesn't actually have to be in a religious way but those are interesting too :p
Thepinkcoconut Thepinkcoconut 18-21, F 15 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Religion

The human soul is central to the personhood of a human being. As C. S. Lewis famously put it, “You don’t have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.” In other words, having a body does not a person make.<br />
The human soul is distinct from the heart (Deut. 26:16; 30:6) and the spirit (1 Thess. 5:23; Hebrews 4:12) and the mind (Matt. 22:37; Mark 12:30; Luke 10:27). The human soul is created by God (Jeremiah 38:16). It can be strong or unsteady (2 Peter 2:14); it can be lost or saved (James 1:21; Ezekiel 18:4). We know that the human soul needs atonement (Leviticus 17:11) and is the part of us that is purified and protected by the truth and the work of the Holy Spirit (1 Peter 1:22). Jesus is the great Shepherd of souls (1 Peter 2:25).<br />
There is often confusion about the human spirit vs. the human soul. In places, sc<x>ripture seems to use the terms interchangeably, but there might be a subtle difference. Otherwise, how could the Word of God penetrate us “even to dividing soul and spirit” (Hebrews 4:12)? When the Bible talks about man’s spirit, it is usually speaking of an inner force which animates a person in one direction or another. It is repeatedly shown as a mover, a dynamic force (e.g., Numbers 14:24).<br />
It has been said that there are only two things that last: the Word of God (Mark 13:31) and the souls of men. This is because, like God’s Word, the soul is an imperishable thing. That thought should be both sobering and awe-inspiring. Every person you meet is an eternal soul. Every human being that has ever lived has had a soul, and all of those souls are still in existence somewhere. The question is, where? The souls that reject God’s love are condemned to pay for their own sin, eternally, in hell (Romans 6:23). But the souls that accept their own sinfulness and God’s gracious gift of forgiveness will live forever beside still waters with their Shepherd, wanting for nothing (Psalm 23:2).

Best Answer

I guess that's the traditional response I often get from a religious point of view.

Best Answer

That is the answer, all others are sinking sand.
" And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.” Matthew7:25-27

Best Answer

An imaginary crutch for those who can't face their own mortality.

Best Answer

It is what makes us who we are, I believe it is part of the mind but flawed. When we die the perfected version of it lives on.

Best Answer

a word used to describe one's intangible essence of existence, or the breath of life within us

Best Answer

Your soul I would say is the final decision maker, Example someone walks by your ego says look at that person those shoes are horrible, your soul steps in and says I have no right to judge everyone is entitled to their own style and fashion. Or your spirit might speak you should give to that person, then your soul speaks yeah that would feel good to do that I'm gonna do that.

Best Answer

So it's kind of like a conscience to you huh?

Best Answer

An idea meant to comfort those who aren't comfortable with being mortal.

Best Answer

Yep, guess that's what it is for some people :)

Best Answer

It is the essence of your being. It directs your moral compass.

Best Answer

Our life force...

Best Answer

the phenomenon of creative intelligence.

Best Answer