An acceptable goal weight for 5'5 height? Right now I'm at 199. I haven't set a goal yet as I wanted to see the changes in my body to where is comfortable. But I wondered what a woman my height is suppose to weigh
Fateovafatgirl Fateovafatgirl 22-25, F 6 Answers Feb 2, 2013 in Community

That I don't know, but I looked up my correct weight/height on-line (140 at 5'7"), and I hover within 2-4 pounds of that. Depends on your age, too. Depends on your bone structure (measure your wrist at the thinnest part) and look that up on-line. Also depends on how fit you are (muscle weighs more than fat -- which makes a lot of BMI's wrong... Body Mass Index). Fitness may depend more on how you feel and the results of blood tests including thyroid, heart exam, lung exam).

Best Answer

A quick search for BMI (body mass index) showed 150 as a 'healthy' weight for your height and age. Depending on your heritage, you may be prone to be more heavy than you will see on a generic scale, there is nothing wrong with that. If you feel healthy, you are at a fine weight. Regardless of what some generic scale says.<br />
If you want to loose weight for yourself, set a goal you are happy with that you can actually attain. You don't have to be at any particular weight as long as you are happy with yourself.

Best Answer

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm<br />
I have never fit this, when I was younger it was funny to watch the nurse get on the scale after I got off, even when I was 225 on a 5'11' body.

Best Answer

Well up to you. since it is your body, and you are the boss of it

Best Answer

120 is acceptable. 130 would be the limit. Anything above is overweight.<br />
Good luck!

Best Answer