I became anxious when I became a mom, or at least especially anxious. I got to the point where I nearly had an anxiety attack. I felt, at that point, the strong need to get away immediately -- to a spiritual retreat. I knew that counseling would not help for this (I'd had counseling for other things). I found a retreat in the yellow pages, asked a friend to drive me, and spent a week camping out there and beginning to learn to meditate. The deep breathing and mantra helped me so much. I continue to use it. I still have anxiety, but can control it much better with these tools.

Best Answer

The condition causes overwhelming problems for the person who has it, and the people in their lives. Medication is really a necessity.

Best Answer

It's a feeling of impending doom. The world around you becomes too loud. You feel like you might lose control at any moment.

Best Answer

Anxiety is a messed up feeling...I hate it! One minute we are good, the next we don't know.

Best Answer