aw, I didn't raise the question correctly, what i meant was 'psychology' and than separably 'law' (in terms of human justice) - lol maybe its a hint that i shouldn't be a lawyer. I would just really hate to do business/law work and be stuck in a meaningless job.
Anna220 Anna220 18-21, F 9 Answers Jan 4, 2013 in Education

If you are looking for a good all round degree then Law is a good basis for many different types of careers, but I'm biased since that's what I did :)

Best Answer

social justice/human rights - that type of thing. Maybe something like gay marriage equality

Best Answer

Ah I see well definitely Law in that case. At first you will have to an undergraduate degree which will have set subjects needed to qualify (criminal, land..etc.) but you can then choose to specialize in Human Rights and perhaps a theory based module. I'm in the UK of course so in the US it might be slightly different.

Best Answer

and what i mean is - would law be a good degree to peruse in terms of the above area of work. Is it actually possible to just focus on that area, or would I still be doing some other work, that maybe related to business or something else

Best Answer

Well you could eventually work your way up. Unfortunately with both Psychology and Law you will have to start at the bottom of the ladder and do any work you can get in order to gain experience. You could always volunteer at a legal aid/human rights charity which would help you to go immediately into that kind of work once you graduate. You're not immediately going to do exactly what you want...unless you're extremely gifted and lucky but put the work and you will get there.

Best Answer

ah ok, thank you very much for your answer. I'm from Australia, so here I would have to do a double degree.

Best Answer

Ah I see that's good then because its quite similar to our system. I think a joint honours degree is the way to go for you, Law and Psychology go together really well, A few people in my lectures at uni did both.

Best Answer

That is very interesting. If you don't mind me asking, what did you do?

Best Answer

I just did a single honours LLB in Law. Like all law degrees If I want to be a Solicitor or Barrister I will have to go back to Uni for one more year to do a "Practice course" which gives graduates the practical knowledge needed.
It's always difficult to choose what to do but both sound good :)

Best Answer

yeah it is a hard choice, it kind of feels like your whole life depends on that one choice, and i guess it does.
Well best of luck with your continuous study and career!

Best Answer

There is no such thing as justice.<br />
I don't think anyone ever became a lawyer for any reason other than money and power.<br />
It's really a bottom-of-the-barrel profession. I have more respect for pimps and drug dealers.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply, but you cant just stereotype all lawyers.

Best Answer

I think you can. I've never known a lawyer who wasn't a total scumbag.

Best Answer

What does psychology has to do with justice?

Best Answer

aw, I didn't raise the question correctly, what i meant was 'psychology' and than separably 'law' (in terms of human justice)

Best Answer

Psychology might be quite interesting; the same with law ... It depends on what you will do with it later. Like, if you study literature, it doesn't mean you are going to be a writer..

Best Answer

I would say law if your talking about existing and past human justice.

Best Answer

Law would be great and you may learn psychology some point cos it's essential..

Best Answer

Law

Best Answer