hmorel67 hmorel67 18-21, M 10 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Romance & True Love

Different people define it in different ways. <br />
For some it means any ex<x>pression of connection to someone else. Those folks think it is strength not to actually need anyone in any way. I knew a guy like this. He actually wrote me a note after we had our first cuddling session. "I just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed being with you and close to you...but that I didn't need it." WHAT? <br />
For me, it means someone who is possessive of me or my time in certain ways. LIke a friend who gets ticked off because she couldn't get me on the phone to chat for a couple of days. "Where WERE you????" Or like my fiance' who didn't think I needed time to study or to do anything other than be with him. "What? You mean you don't want to see me???" Or, sadly, my grandmother after she had a stroke, who would not be happy about anything. Nothing that anyone did for her was enough. <br />
To me, "needy" means clingy or demanding. It is unhealthy need. <br />
But I think that needing other people and wanting to enjoy their presence is quite healthy. For people in love, there is no such thing as "too close". But eventually, most of us need some sort of space- or at least the freedom to have it if we need it. There is a balance.

Best Answer

Thats interesting my mother is behaving in the same way after a stroke

Best Answer

I think that is fairly common. Almost a childlike personality. I think some of it comes out of being fearful.

Best Answer

You ? X

Best Answer

Hanging on too the persons foot as they go for a walk

Best Answer

Best Answer

If you a always clinging on to your Girlfriend / Boyfriend or always needing to know where that person is and who that person is with.

Best Answer

Is that bad

Best Answer

It can drive a person insane !

Best Answer

Why

Best Answer

People need to have time for themselves and to be with their friends and family, not always with you.

Best Answer

My last gf wanted to talk on the phone every day for three hours a day and if I didn't... "Well that must mean you don't love me anymore!"<br />
She wanted to plan everything for the next decade and if I didn't... "Well that must mean you don't love me anymore!"<br />
She wanted to always know exactly where I was and who I was with and if I didn't tell her... "Well that must mean you don't love me anymore!"<br />
So I dumped her!

Best Answer

Excessive questions and excessive sharing of stuff that has no context to the discussion at hand.

Best Answer

asking what comes off as needy

Best Answer

To give the other person the impression that you need them emotionally.

Best Answer