I got a knife and held it to my heart ready to stab myself to death. I started to push and then stopped. I left a mark that was there for about an hour. Would this be considered a suicide attempt?
Hiway202 Hiway202 13-15, T 19 Answers Nov 30, 2012 in Suicide

That was a attempt to get attention. Please don't confuse this small, stupid attempt as something that counts in your life. start finding all the people that love you and get real attention.

Best Answer

Trying anything that people can die from is considered a suicide attempt. I don't think it has to work for it to be called an attempt.

Best Answer

Eating my wife’s cooking

Best Answer

no, you didn't even really do anything, you have to actually try to do it before it becomes an attempt. all you did was imagine and then stop.

Best Answer

Yes, that counts as one. Why do that?<br />
Good that you stopped in time.

Best Answer

That you are asking opinions here means you want attention...better to do it in RL with people who can actually help you. Talk to a shrink if nobody else but parents and friends are better choices.

Best Answer

Going to Compton at night.

Best Answer

Nope, that is a cry for help, at best..

Best Answer

Anything that seriously threatens your capacity to be alive.

Best Answer

Well....my dr. told me that if I am seriously contemplating taking myself out, to call an ambulance. (I would never call 911, personally.)

Best Answer

An attempt is if you actually did something that would most likely cause your death and someone intervened to save your life.

Best Answer

Not IMO - you would have to of cut your self deeply for it to have been a real suicide attempt...... what you did was a thought of it.

Best Answer

Maybe yes...maybe no...but very stupid!...it's the thought that counts!...be safe...for goodness sakes!!!

Best Answer

nope ... an attempt would result in someone having to stop or save you

Best Answer