valobasa4ever valobasa4ever 31-35, F 8 Answers Nov 14, 2011

It's basically budgeting: for me, buying a bus ticket and using it rather than calling cabs (I got rid of my car years ago),using coupons to buy groceries, eating breakfast before work and taking a lunch, cooking dinner---rather than going to restaurants.I can't say I love being frugal, but in this economy, it's all about stretching those dollars as far as you can.

Best Answer

frugal living was using a light bulb in a sock to help mend the holes in the heels. A christmas tree made out of paper that we painted with water colors and a nail to hold it against the wall.. as mom made 2 bowls of popcorn... one to eat.. and the other to make string popcorn with

Best Answer

I've got Scottish blood and I come from a long line of homesteaders and poor people. My parents grew up in the depression and it left its mark on both of them. I probably don't know how not to be frugal.

It can be fun and rewarding sometimes to DIY and save, but I'm not an absolute pennypincher.

Best Answer

I personally think frugal living is where you don't spend loads of money on buying things you don't really need- like I dont know, blow up dolls, or a new cutlery set eventho you have one, or really expensive pasta sauces when you can manage with cheap ones. I think it's admirable if it means not buying loads of things with really short lifespans and creating more rubbish for the planet, but I don't neccesarily like it when it's not a choice and it's something I have to do- like now for instance, I'm too skint to buy anything I didn't need anyway so am in a sort of forced state of frugal living. But I think it's admirable when it's self imposed and externally imposed... That's just me though :)

Best Answer

*I meant when self imposed NOT externally imposed

Best Answer

Frugal living is living beneath your means. I don't know how to live frugally. It's too difficult for me.

Best Answer

nothing wrong with frugality....nothing right about wastefulness.

Basically it;s how i live...home cooking, simple menu's, use something until it wears out or starts causing problems..i agree with sharpy.

WE WASTE TOO MUCH.

Best Answer

With living in big cities getting harder economically, I think more people should really adopt a frugal lifestyle. It's all about budgeting and planning. In order to do that, you have to constantly make yourself updated with the market rates, etc.... then you can properly plan your budget.

Best Answer